blower motor will not turn on

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mdgain

blower motor will not turn on

Post by mdgain »

Hey guys, I have looked through the forums and tried everything that was suggested. I have a 94 RS 1.6L. The blower will not work in any speed setting. The 30 amp fuse/breaker is good but no power is getting to the control unit.(no indication lights) I don't have any usable schematics and would greatly appreciate any help. Is there any fuses under the hood I should check?
Evo_Spec

Re: blower motor will not turn on

Post by Evo_Spec »

rear wiper fuse by driverside door

or http://www.mx-3.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on the main page in the left section under technical info, online manuals, Body Electrical Troubleshooting Manual, section G

i'm having this problem myself with probably the same car, i picked up a resistor today at the junkyard, i'm gonna put it iin now, i'll tell you if it works, if it does then i'll let you know exactly what you need to do, if not, it might be the actual selector itself, which i'm gonna try if the resistor doesn't work
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i made a guide, follow through it to see if it solve your problem

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=68772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mdgain

Post by mdgain »

So, the blower motor fuse is labled "Rear Wiper"? I haven't checked that one yet. I'll give it a shot. I don't think it is the resistor pack, because it doesn't work on any speed setting. And I don't think it is the selector switch because it was working fine 2 days ago and I am not getting any of the little green selector lights meaning no power. Thanks again for all the help, I'll post when I fix the problem.
mdgain

Post by mdgain »

Evo_Spec, you're the man! It was the "Rear Wiper" fuse. Makes no sense but what can you do? I know you guys tire of our newbien questions but know that it is very appreciated when ya'll take the time to help us/me out thanks again for all the help!
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well, i'm not tired of newbie questions, i just joined this forum not too long ago and asked the exact same question!
i went through the online manual and did everything but had a bit of a hard time figuring everything, so once i did i made that guide to help other people out.
i'm glad to hear that it's fixed though, it sucks having your windows fog up, or being really cold

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”