check engine + probinator?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

check engine + probinator?

Post by Gods Father »

right now my CEL is on and i tried the TEN to GND and nothin (no cel flashing or going off, also disconnected the negative and did the brakes for 20 secs and its still there) ... im running a klze on a k8 ecu with a probinator chip...i have a straight neck i dont know what chip he used since he didnt tell me i could get anything different i figured it was straightforward until after i read theres different things he can do when chipping...anyways im not sure what to do now...i have no idea what the problem is the engine is running a bit rich i believe, going through gas like crazy...i dont know any suggestions?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
solo_ryder

Re: check engine + probinator?

Post by solo_ryder »

Did you chip your k834 ecu or did u chip a k801 ecu? You have a 94 GS right?
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

yea i have a 94 GS but im not sure which ECU i have...how do you tell?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

On the top of the ecu there is a sticker. In bold it will say the ecu number.

If you are running the k801 on that car it will act funny as it is meant for a 92-93 car so it can cause issues. Make sure you are running a k834
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

ok im gonna go check that NOW! im actually hoping its the wrong one :( and if it is wrong?

Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

ok heres the deal...the letters for what ecu it i are all scratched off...but i wrote on it K801 for the engine code so when i sent it to ryan i could identify mine by haveing that written on it...so maybe he thought it was a K801...or what?

Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

There are at least 2 stickers with the code, are they all scratched out?
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

thats possible!
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

IDK, that shouldn't be the stock ECU in the car. 94's are equipped with a k834 ecu which has different pinouts then a k801 ecu, hence why you may be having some issues. I had issues when running a kl01 ecu cause it didn't understand the fan functions on my car and the CEL wasnt working
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

so what ecu should i get? do i need to get a k834 and get that chipped too? is there any other way other than the stickers to tell which ecu it is?...

and yes one stickers gone and the other has no letters or anything on it... just white

GreenMachine

Post by GreenMachine »

when I got my probinator chip I had to use the probe vaf. which air meter are you using?
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

im still using the K8 vaf

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Probinator is suppose to get rid of the VAF restriction
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

so i dont need a vaf anymore?

JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

KL48/KL55 ECU (for 1994 mx3) plus KL02 VAF. You're not optimal, but you're safe for a motor's life.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”