I have lost faith in humanity,or STOP SCRATCHING MY CAR!

Off-Topic Discussions
95Mx3GS

I have lost faith in humanity,or STOP SCRATCHING MY CAR!

Post by 95Mx3GS »

Well, as you could have guessed from the title, my car has been gettin scratched lately and it can't seem to stop. A little while ago I got it repainted due to someone backing out into the car, and now only a little bit later, someone dented my door by opening their door too hard, someone scratched my car with their rim, and also backed into my car. These are all light scratches but it is really frustrating

Does anyone have any ideas to how I can avoid having this happen, it always happens when my car is in the parking. Does this happen a lot to anyone else?
neli_nael

Re: I have lost faith in humanity,or STOP SCRATCHING MY CAR!

Post by neli_nael »

get surveillance cameras and make those losers pay!!! but you can't help what other people do to your car. just dont park there i guess.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Park away from anyone else, on far side of parking lot. Don't drive car to somewhere where there's lots of traffic, etc.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Exactly. I've learned to walk real quick after my paint job.

People have been hitting my front license plate on my X, both times, I watched the whole thing....
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

When I install the alarm system I plan on installing sometime in the future, it will be a silent alarm that pages me, and I will have a few cams in the car that will record most of the surroundings...it'd be easy to do w/ a webcam setup, but I don't think it'd come on fast enough...I agree though, I hate the dang people that do that! You should hide in your backseat and when they do it jump out and yell! Make them pay you!
Volones

Post by Volones »

I had someone open their door into my truck when I was sitting in it! When I confronted them, they acted like they didn't even know it had happened. I was almost speechless, I mean how can you not know you've hit another vehicle hard enough to scare the occupants? On another occasion, I was reaching in the side door of my minivan getting some camera equipt. when a couple walked by me, said hi, got in their car and backed right into my van. I am still amazed about that one.

Anyway, my advice is armed guards and/or machine gun nests. :)
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Paint as*es on both sides of your car then you can say they scratched your as*. lol
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

onlytrueromeo wrote:When I install the alarm system I plan on installing sometime in the future, it will be a silent alarm that pages me, and I will have a few cams in the car that will record most of the surroundings...it'd be easy to do w/ a webcam setup, but I don't think it'd come on fast enough...I agree though, I hate the dang people that do that! You should hide in your backseat and when they do it jump out and yell! Make them pay you!
A silent alarm won't do much to deter them. Theives don't like attention.
Volones wrote:I had someone open their door into my truck when I was sitting in it! When I confronted them, they acted like they didn't even know it had happened. I was almost speechless, I mean how can you not know you've hit another vehicle hard enough to scare the occupants? On another occasion, I was reaching in the side door of my minivan getting some camera equipt. when a couple walked by me, said hi, got in their car and backed right into my van. I am still amazed about that one.
Did you get those dealt with?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Volones

Post by Volones »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
Volones wrote:I had someone open their door into my truck when I was sitting in it! When I confronted them, they acted like they didn't even know it had happened. I was almost speechless, I mean how can you not know you've hit another vehicle hard enough to scare the occupants? On another occasion, I was reaching in the side door of my minivan getting some camera equipt. when a couple walked by me, said hi, got in their car and backed right into my van. I am still amazed about that one.
Did you get those dealt with?
Yeah, neither did any real damage. The first one, their attitude was the most frustrating. The just acted like they didn't do anything wrong at all. :shock:
The second one, it was an older Caravan with the metal bumper, so all it did was wrinkle the license plate, and they both were TOTALLY apologetic. I actually started laughing once I saw there was no real damage done.

Vol
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Yea you can't really do anything other then park in the very far corner where the spots are empty... I just don't drive my car in busy malls, take the wifes car or my other car.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

As some other people already said park far away from other cars and get used to walking long distances through the parking lot to go to the mall. And dont take your car to any place that has shopping carts if its windy. Two days ago I went to the mall and came back to find that my RX7 was hit hard by a shopping cart. My whole drivers side got scratched up. Good thing after the mall I was on my way to the body shop to get the whole car repainted anyways or I would have been really pissed.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

yeah, and also try to find those corner spaces, and park as close to the side and front curb as possible.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Keep in mind though that when you park far away from others that it makes your car a target for thieves. After I partially repainted my first mx3 I always parked far from other people, but near parking security cameras!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

agreed. I park my cars far away and b4 xmas my 01 prelude was stolen on a flat bed since I had it parked away from everyone else. Oh well. I still park far.... my 93 25th anniv mx3 was keyed badly b4 i sold it and that too was parked away from others....
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

there just ain no helpin it. no matter where you park, someone's going to park next to you. sometimes i'll park ridiculously far away, and some rust bucket POS will be parked right next to me anyway, in the middle of nowhere. i think they do it on purpose.

on my block at least, people used to park like jagoffs and jacked up my bumper pretty badly. sometimes they would just leave their car actually touching my bumper.. i just paid them back. now no one parks near me. one lady won't even park on the street at all anymore, lol. i'm in the process of educating the rest of the world too, but it's slow going...

Return to “Off-Topic”