[WTB] HVAC Logic-type electromotors

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
Steve_SK

[WTB] HVAC Logic-type electromotors

Post by Steve_SK »

Hello friends,

I am looking for the motors from airboxes under dashboard, plus link set as shown in the following pictures. Parts I need are marked with dark red rectangles. I'd be happy for your offers & help, so I can finish my wire-type HVAC to logic-type HVAC conversion. :)

----------------
Please, delete other post.. problem with IE caused double-post. Thank you. :)
Last edited by Steve_SK on February 9th, 2009, 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819
SuperK
Supporting Member

Re: [WTB] HVAC Logic-type electromotors

Post by SuperK »

I can't see the pictures.

Can you upload them to something like photobucket?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Pictures moved to another location :)
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

wow, do a writeup when you are done, steve!!
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

ninjajim4 wrote:wow, do a writeup when you are done, steve!!
For sure I will. :) I have everything prepared.. wiring, schemes, centre console, I only miss motors. :( This is HVAC conversion for old-style dashboards. :)
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

still interested..
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

does anybody have those motors for sale/swap/give-away, please?
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Up.. :(
acexl

Post by acexl »

steve ur such a life saver (i hope) XD i been loooking thru search for over an hour for this conversion, so u say it is possible and if so....

is it like plug and play fitment and wiring, or do i need specific materials? and fitment wise would i need to cut or modify something?

i know u said ur coming u with a write up im just in a bit of a rush cuz FINALLY i am able to find an mx3 in a yunkyard where i live, they go very fast and i dont wanna spend 40$ if i cant use it after all
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

Acexl: It is plug and play fitment, anyway..

1. you need to find HVAC panel from 1991-1993 model with old dashboard, 1994+ HVAC is not wide enough and has different brackets and shape, I am not sure it would fit 1991-1993 models
2. if you get older HVAC, it is only plug and play without need to cut something
3. you need two electromotors for air boxes under your dashboard, plus a set of small plastic "arms" for one of the electromotors, it is all there in a car with logic-type hvac
4. you need wiring with connectors
5. setup is easy then, if you have A/C, then you need to study Wiring diagram manual a little bit, but the system can be wired to A/C button on HVAC panel

:)

I only miss those electromotos, I would write up a conversion topic, but I can't without those motors :(

PS: UK logic-type HVAC panel perfectly fits US centre console without gaps. If you use EU centre consoe, there will be a gap above HVAC panel (about 3 mm).
acexl

Post by acexl »

i have a US 1993 mx3 the car in the junk yard must be 94+ cuz of the dash and all , its stock so idk it was a swap dash, so ur saying everything i need should be inside the car with the HVAC?
also i didnt look if the car unit had an AC button or not, but if it doesnt is it possible to re wire one of the setting buttons that i dont use to act as an ac button instead of making one from scratch?
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

If you have your own A/C button in centre vents, you don't need to move it to your HVAC panel, only if you would like to install European big red hazard switch. Big A/C button can stay in it's place.

HVAC panel from 94+ is slighlty different from 1991-1993 panels. The rest is the same, wires, electromotors, links set etc. All you need is to remove all these parts from junkyard-car and try to install it without putting motors on air boxes under dashboard. Just wire it and try if it works, i.e. on passenger's seat. :)

If for any reason new HVAC would not fit, you can buy one from the UK (eBay) from 1991-1993 model (as I did) and easily swap the HVAC keeping all motors and wiring. Difference is only in shape and probably dimensions. Or you can sell me electromotos with links set. :)

BTW, would you please be so kind and look for another set of motors and links set, please?
acexl

Post by acexl »

there are acutslly 2 94+ mx 3 tho i have to warn u the junk yards i found them at are not like u pay tu pull ur own part, so they might run for a it more than u expect, the unit i have my eyes on its 35$ for it, the other mx 3 i saw its in another junk yard which is a lil more expensive , i dont mind going and getting it for u for w/o any finder charge, just need the cost of the piece and the shipping but i havent asked the other yard how much it is.

also i am trying to locate one of those pull urself yards so if u wanna wait, same thing just would need the money to pay for the piece and the shipping, also i would send u all receips just so u know im not trying to rip u off

oh almost forgot i live in usa just to let u know
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

I have everything except for those two motors plus links set, I can send you pictures by e-mail, I don't need HVAC or other parts. :) I'd be grateful if you can get those two small motors for me. Can you accept PayPal? I can wait until you find another junkyard, where you can remove parts yourself if this is better option.

Thank you indeed.
acexl

Post by acexl »

sorry jusgt been us to do abything yet, but yeah plz post the pics if possible that would be way awesome and helpful

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”