Weird switch thing under left side of dashboard

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
95Mx3GS

Weird switch thing under left side of dashboard

Post by 95Mx3GS »

Its right by the steering wheel and its at the leftmost side at the bottom of the dashboard. By bottom I mean i have to reach almost to the pedals to touch it. It has some red and blue things by it, and then just a switch sticking out. I tried turning it and off but did not do much in case I could cause bad things to happen. I saw other posts ask this but no answers. Please help.
Evo_Spec

Re: Weird switch thing under left side of dashboard

Post by Evo_Spec »

try and follow the wiring to see where it leads, i've never heard of a switch there, but then again i don't know mx-3's as much as i'd like, but it doesn't sound like it should be there, maybe it was added by the previous owner
Jutzi420

Re: Weird switch thing under left side of dashboard

Post by Jutzi420 »

Post a picture? Might be a valet switch if you've got an aftermarket alaram and/or keyless entry.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”