Diagnose my car problem....again.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
holt0366

Diagnose my car problem....again.

Post by holt0366 »

My car seems to not fully warm up. On the temp guage, it only goes a little above the C, and when I drive, it goes to way below C. When I'm not driving, it blows out warm air, but when I start driving, it blows out colder air. I believe it's my thermostat. Anyone think it's something else? How do you replace your thermostat?
Evo_Spec

Re: Diagnose my car problem....again.

Post by Evo_Spec »

the thermostat is located just to the right of the engine, you'll see the radiator hose going to it, you'll need to find the correct thermostat and gasket to change out, make you sure get off all of the old gasket, or you risk leaking

it sounds like the thermostat to me also, cause that's the exact problem i was having before i changed it out.
what you can do till you find time to do the thermostat is trying find a heavy cloth to block the radiator from getting too much air flow, that helped a lot for my car till i found the time to get it done
Towona

Re: Diagnose my car problem....again.

Post by Towona »

If it gets really cold where you are it's probably a good idea to cover up a portion of your rad with cardboard anyways.... even after you change the T-stat.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”