question about milage

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
dorian345

question about milage

Post by dorian345 »

hey there im new here, but been reading the forums for a while now, finally bought an mx3 its a 93, so far its fine, everything on the car works, the car was kept in great condition interior and exterior, car has about 226,000 km's or so, car sounds and is running smoothly, great pull, changed the oil and was just about to get around to changing the plugs and wires, at the moment the only thing is the alternator belt that is squeeling but im going to get a mazda belt as i feel the last guy put on a crappy belt......... at the moment my question with the milage that high, what should i do as far as maintanance? do i have to get the valves adjusted/checked? what else? just wondering thank you so much
petiec

Re: question about milage

Post by petiec »

Just make sure you keep up on time with oil changes,if everthing runs fine dont worry to much.See how the timming belt is?My car is a 95 with 270,000 km and i use it all year round and never had a problem,Had a compression test on the engine and it was 180 psi across all four .The only thing l had a problem with my 92 was my dist. went and after rhat my air flow meter.Bought it from my local scrap yard both went for 50 dollars,dealership would cost from 800 to 1200 dollars for these items.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”