RPM DROPPING !!!!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
TOOgreezy

RPM DROPPING !!!!!!!!

Post by TOOgreezy »

OK heres the problem... the rpm never useto drop when i first got my car
i have the dvd player in there now, plus my fogs and these blue lights in the corner of the indicator
whenever i turn all my lights on plus step on the brakes (brake lights) the RPM starts dropping down to probably 500rpm then back up, then it drops then back up then drops.. etc..
i notice in the day time when my lights are off it doesnt drop.. its mostly whenever i turn on my lights....
what do you guys think it is?

what im thinking is it may be the altinator or battery... but let me know if anyone else ever had this problem.. thanks
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
wytbishop

Re: RPM DROPPING !!!!!!!!

Post by wytbishop »

If it doesn't happen when the lights are not on it's not electrical, it's the PCV valve stcuk closed. That is what fixed it for me.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, hard to say from your description, but normally the rise and drop of the revs like that is usually either a vacuum leak or the PCV valve. Mine did it only when I had my foot on the brake when it was the PCV.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
TOOgreezy

Post by TOOgreezy »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Hmm, hard to say from your description, but normally the rise and drop of the revs like that is usually either a vacuum leak or the PCV valve. Mine did it only when I had my foot on the brake when it was the PCV.
PCV valve sounds right, because its mostly when all my lights are on.. once i put my foot on the brakes it starts dropping and it wont stop
recently its gotten worse its even dropping when im going slow and i hav the car in neutral
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

mine kind of does the same thing,,but i replaced my pcv as soon as i got my car :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
TOOgreezy

Post by TOOgreezy »

tmac4t4 wrote:mine kind of does the same thing,,but i replaced my pcv as soon as i got my car :shrug:
i replaced pcv. i think the problem is the idle control motor
i adjusted the idle so it idles higher rpms now and it doesnt drop anymore...
[1996 Mx-3 GS]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”