Yep im back

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Bradhobbs

Yep im back

Post by Bradhobbs »

So im back again with my Mazda and trying to diagnose the problem. Well first things first...

Its a 1992 Mazda MX-3
Automatic
Miles: ???

So here goes ...
When I first start the car its like someone just set it on fire and it smokes, a white smoke for about 5 minutes.
My brake light is now on, and when I pump the brakes the idle goes higher and higher.
With out pumping the brakes, its around 1,500
When I throw it back in reverse it'll die sometimes
If I turn on my blinker or window wipers the idle pulses with the blinker or wipers
On rainy days I often get a small back fire from under the car
It sometimes smokes below the exhaust manifold
Water isnt getting into the oil, and when I hold it to the floor going up a hill it'll go ...
Vroommm... Vroommmm... Vroommmmm ... Instead of going up in idle it'll get to about 4 drop back to 2 and continue back to 4. When it should get to about 6 and then change gears. And at times when I pull out it'll be like someone put it in neutral and your just setting in the middle of the road giving it gas letting it roll.

Well I think thats all my problems for now, until more arise.
Any information would be helpful I dont have a lot of money to throw around so I cant buy new.

Thanks
Bradhobbs

Re: Yep im back

Post by Bradhobbs »

Ohh did I mention when I put on the brakes my lights will flash for a quick millisecond.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Err, um, oh, ahh, d-uh. I dunno but I'm glad I don't own your car. The alt could be bad for starters. Mine screwed with me for about a month once then finally fried. Has anyone touched any of your wiring?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Bradhobbs

Post by Bradhobbs »

Not that I know of .. The previous owners had a loser work on it and he decided to screw around with everything on the car. I think they actually had new ground, and hot wires installed to the battery. and theres a mess of wires under my steering wheel that someone has been fooling with.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Usually you can tell whats factory and whats not. I hate inbread back yard mechanics. I'd suggest you follow your harnesses and see if anythings been tampered with.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Bradhobbs

Post by Bradhobbs »

Inbred ... Bad choice of words to tell someone in Kentucky!! LOL .. Harnesses ... Hmmmm .. lol ... I think they tried to add a cruise control at one time ... Other than that im not sure what your talking about.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

when you said your rpms would go higher and higher when u press the brake..first thing came to mind was a vacuum issue? and then you mentioned how somebody tried adding cruise control..so i would definatley check all your vacuum lines and make sure everything is up to par..as for the pulling out and givin it gas and the car not moving anywhere..sounds like your tranny's on its way out? throw in a bottle of lucas that may fix er..also check your grounding points ?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”