Projectzemx3 worklog - DEEP DISH AND STRETCHED! pics inside

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
projectzemx3

Projectzemx3 worklog - DEEP DISH AND STRETCHED! pics inside

Post by projectzemx3 »

1994 klze powered mx3

i originally had a 94 RS - it was fun, bean can with 17" rims driving around with the bass a-bumpin.... :confused2: yea i know... i came to realise the right way to go about car modifications. so i stepped up and got a 94 GS with intent on having it kl swapped and said "peace" to the RS.

so now i have a second chance lets go about this right.

so far i have replaced all the front end components, and went with H&R springs mated with KYB gr2 struts, eibach cambolts and a set of strut tower braces front and rear. i took the 17's from the RS and put them on as well. i had heard of people using garden edging as front splitters. (i did not get this information off mx-3.com) my mx3 did not have a front lip so this is what i had come up with: oh i also cut out the center grill across the bumper.

i also have the eunos side's :mrgreen: and ebay headers, the car sorta looks like a clown right now, with the blue door but the whole thing wlll be sprayed for spring so it will be nice in due time. cant wait to see it!

also the tailights are painted for red turn signals. and jwmx3 welded me up a short shifter :) so i have the basics covered now i guess.

the interior is stock - not painted. stock shift knob but i have 93 mx3 seats. the rear seats have been removed and i laid the black carpet all back down to sorta make it look ok. its just 2 seats is better thats all :P

so i no longer have that garden edging on there and yeah i know..... lets try and see passed that.... oh and i also sold those 17" rims as they weighed so much. im now sporting the stock 15" 5 spokes, im sure you all know how light they are.

for spring:

i now have the car in my garage with the k8 and transmission out! good riddance. so here is how it sits right now:

clean?????

oh yeah... lady backed into me destroying my door. check out the pic of the tail lights. that door was MINT but she fucked it :shrug: o well her insurance money is just more cash in my hand to pay for my ze so i'm cool with it!! i just better be able to get it all painted looking good for spring... im sure ill pull through.

here is a picture of my RS (photoshop tint and ride height)
Last edited by projectzemx3 on September 14th, 2009, 6:39 pm, edited 19 times in total.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
colinsmx3

Re: Projectzemx3 worklog

Post by colinsmx3 »

um.... wait wait wait.... did you just use garden trim for the front of that clean looking MX3???? I will GIVE you a FREE GS lip if you take that off! :crying:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ I agree!
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

ya its not there anymore.
Last edited by projectzemx3 on January 19th, 2009, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

ahah I will see if I still have the spare on in my garage! If not I will try and find you one!
Did that car EVER see water though?? it has not a speck of rust on it!! AMAZING! It's in better condition then mine and I thought that was hard to find in Ontario!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Good start for a potentially great worklog. I like DIY mods, for sure, but the trick is to make it look like something other than what it really is....

Any minute now, Cjthor will be asking you about your GP.....
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

nice, a red , black and blue mx3 ... did that door have a window in it or did you transfer it over ?
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

JWMX3 wrote:nice, a red , black and blue mx3 ... did that door have a window in it or did you transfer it over ?
transfered over. oh ya you were right, i do have power locks - i wonder why they dont work?
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

update time.
waterpump, timing belt kit, fuel filter, cap and rotor, plugs and some oem oil filters

IM gaskets on there way, differential seals coming too :)

still have to order a clutch, will do that when i have a chance. going with a spec stage 2 - max torque capacity 309 :shrug: and im going to order a set of PRD probe gt sparkplug wires

had these for awhile...

Last edited by projectzemx3 on December 31st, 2008, 10:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

hahahahaha oh i almost forgot.... i still need a ze!!!!!!!!!!
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

slim brake booster!!!! see the brake lines?? thats where the master USED to be. in total the master cylinder is about 1.5" closer to the firewall then with the stock booster.

just some engine swag. unpainted but s-blasted.

Last edited by projectzemx3 on January 5th, 2009, 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayJ

Post by JayJ »

Looks Exiting! :0!!
~ Live Life To Love It Don't Love To Hate It ~
- 1995 Mx-3 Precidia -- Current State -- Semi Fixed Deer hit!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

What master is that?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

you couldnt resist puting up a spy shot eh :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”