Price of lowering my MX-3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
KingFisher

Price of lowering my MX-3

Post by KingFisher »

Hey ,, just wondering how much it will cost me to drop my 96mx-3 GS about 1.5" just to get rid of the factory gap?? and if you have already done this how good does it look? I will just leave my factory alloys on??<P>Thanx King Fisher
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
MX394RSR_JMCB

Re: Price of lowering my MX-3

Post by MX394RSR_JMCB »

Hi, i also want to lower my mx3, i've done severalmods on mine and right now i'm at that stage. The cost of just lowering your mx3 will cost you springs which are around 200$ US for the H&R and 230$ US ( figure about 450$ here in canada) for the eibach....both are extremely good springs however the H&R give you more drop(1.5 vs. 1.3)! Just buying just springs though is something you normally should try to avoid because your factory struts are not built to handle the stiffness and rebound of your aftermarket spring...this is why you should definately think about getting aftermarket struts at the same time......these are built to handle the extra stress the stiffer springs bring! Your car will also handle better, ride softer, and the suspension will last!!! I know tokico makes struts for the mx3....however there are certainly other companies that i do not no of!<P><BR>I am presently in the process of shopping around for springs and struts....remember one thing...YOUR STRUT characteristics have to match your spring's ....do not buy any mx3 spring for any mx3 strut, ask a REAL expert that really knows about all these terms to find a good strut-spring match! <BR>This is really important!
Jean-Michel Basque
MX394RSR_JMCB

Post by MX394RSR_JMCB »

By the way, the tokico strut costs about 95$ US per strut. <P>
Jean-Michel Basque
HeatherChellette

Post by HeatherChellette »

I'm confused, I was under the impression that Mazda only made the MX-3's in 92,93,94 and 95. Are you sure yours is a 96?
Heather
MX-treme

Post by MX-treme »

1.5" wouldn't be too noticible, and soon you will want to go lower... I have a 1.8 drop, and there is still wheel gap but it looks ok. <BR>I think the APEX sprigs would be your best bet.. they're about $240 CDN for the set
MX-treme

Post by MX-treme »

oops.. sorry.. the price of the APEX springs are about .. $340 CDN

Post by Guest »

Yes in other countrys such as Canada they had the mx-3 in production for 96, <BR>
Schlesien

Post by Schlesien »

Does APEX make lowering springs for 4cyl? If yes, how big drop is and/or what their web site is. Thanks<P>------------------<BR>Ralf Nowak<P>schlesien@mountaincable.net<BR>http://www.mountaincable.net/~schlesien
shawnm

Post by shawnm »

In Europe mx-3 was manufactured even in 98 !!<BR>well , i am really disapointed that Mazda stopped manufacturing such fun car.......<P>cya<P>------------------<BR>shawnm<BR>MX-3 red blaze...POLAND<BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl
shawnm<P>miata 1,6 <BR>UIN 21934953<BR>shawnm@wp.pl

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”