Burled Walnut interior opinions?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Burled Walnut interior opinions?

Post by fowljesse »

What would you guys think about an MX-3 appointed with fine woodwork (done tastefully, of course)?
I used to be a master woodworker, making such things as Armoirs for The Bellagio hotel in Vegas, and Throne chairs for King Hussain of Jordan. I never thought of trying to make my MX-3 that nice, but :shrug: why not? I have access to a shop. The MX-3 doesn't have that much to be done.. maybe a shift gate, and knob, center console top, HVAC front...
Waddaya think?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Burled Walnut interior opinions?

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't think it would look right... Yes it is a nice sport coupe but it's not a luxury coupe by any means... although there was an OEM option for a wood shifter and wooden momo steering wheel so I suppose anything is possible :roll:
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

:2thumbsup: one off and class. I would not do it myself... but I don't have the skills. Cool idea. Everyone has gone the "ricer" route, but not the high end class.
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

go for it jesse!... and post pics :)
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

hey, atleast it wouldnt just be corny spray paint. (not sure if you had corny spray paint or not but....) maybe you should go with a lighter wood?
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

lol go for it! I think it'll sit quite well with leather seats and a nice wheel, paint the car mercedes black then add the tri-star :wink:
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

I think you shoud just make a full wodden MX-3, sort of like this
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think it wood look nice if you wood do it in possible matt black wood finish. Wood you consider doing the gauge face, heater and stereo bazel or how about the entire bazel down through the shifter and armrest console. I certainly woodn't bark at seeing a lot of solid carbon appointments within. You could go out on a limb and even do a door treatment, just leaf it to your imagination. Knot withstanding, how about an MX-3 Woody. Either wood down the side or one of the phalic nature. Your choice. :)

Edit; Hey Jesse I just thought, how about wooden wheels? Why did they go out of style anyway. Combine them with matching wooden rear view side mirrors.
Screw it, wooden turbos with matching hollow tree branch CAI. Now were talkin.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:I think it wood look nice if you wood do it in possible matt black wood finish. Wood you consider doing the gauge face, heater and stereo bazel or how about the entire bazel down through the shifter and armrest console.
Man, actually I do see that, would look really nice! The brown wood however, not so sure...not even the OEM stuff :freak:
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Well played, daninski :wink:
I've been thinking about this again lately, and I did think about doing a black finish, like Ebony, or using a very dark stain.. I'd like to do the steering wheel, ashtray, shifter plate, knob, center console, and maybe the inside handle housings, HVAC cover, and around the radio....
If you want to see wooden wheels, check out my post about the 200mph wooden supercar!
As for the Mercedes, I've already got one! :shrug:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “Appearance”