[FS] (CA) Custom Altered KL Headers

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Slammed6

[FS] (CA) Custom Altered KL Headers

Post by Slammed6 »

Pacesetter "Long tubes" have been known to make more power than all the other headers online. I've ran these and SS Autochromes and love the power these make.

I have a set of what started out to be Paeco / Pacesetter Headers. I've since then put over $400 worth of work into them to make them better.

Here is what I've done:

-I've port matched all 6 cylinders to OEM gaskets (Several hours of work with my die grinder) You wouldnt believe how small they were before.

-I've resurfaced the flanges that meet the head to be flat, No more leaks!!:woot:

-I had all 6 cylinders re-welded on the head flange from the backside, to prevent leaking. (Headers were then resurfaced to make sure flange was flat after welding)

-I also had a custom Y-pipe made for my car that was a full race setup. Y-pipe is also equipped with a 02 bung, which i had my Wideband 02 in.

-Headers + Y-pipe has been professionally powder coated themal coating to keep the heat in. They are a Satin black finish. (Cost me over $250 for the powdercoating alone)

The headers themselves are used, but I have just gotten them back from the powdercoating shop and have not been used since. I need the money and no longer need these. MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN!!

SOLD

Last edited by Slammed6 on December 7th, 2008, 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
Slammed6

Re: [FS] (CA) Custom Altered KL Headers

Post by Slammed6 »

Any Offers?
xerostatus

Post by xerostatus »

PM sent.
1995 MX-6 LS
1992 MX-3 ZE (busted up)
==========================
http://www.cardomain.com/id/xerostatus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

PM replied to!
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Offers??
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

cant beleive no one picked these up yet... totally worth the money!!!!! id love ot have em but not enuff funds and workin on even having an engine for my car lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so there's no fitment issues whatsoever?
I'm assuming there's not but I only ask since I have a set of these unmodified and there were several points of contact...

Does the 02 sensor on the front pipes interfere with the radiator fans?
Do you have any pics of when these were installed on your car?
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

When I put pacesetters on my MX3 there were a few fitment issues as well. The flanges hit the crossmember, and they were too long.

Once I chopped them up and made them fit I was very happy with them.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Did you increase the tube dia. of the Y-pipe tube? If so, why?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Sorry for the delay, my MX-3 account doesn't send me email notifications when i get replies, even though i have it set that way. :crying:

There is no fitment issues with my set, unmodified the flange would hit the oil pan, and the back header i believe hit the steering rack, which in turn would not let the crossmember be bolted up. As far as them being too long that is because they are based off the Probe/MX-6 Y-pipe which is a lil longer than the K8 one.

The front header had the typical problem of the 02 hitting the clutch slave cylinder, but i plugged that one and re-tapped the header with a new bung for a 02 sensor that would be clear from hitting anything. I noticed the OEM 02 sensors would fit in the original bung and just sit super close to the slave cylinder, but the Bosch style (from autozone) would not fit, which is why i re-located the 02 bung.

The Y-pipe is 2.5" piping, same as the normal Y-pipes for our motors. Just each bank gets to the 2.5" tubing quicker than going through the longer 2" piping from the factory.

I just looked through all my pics of my MX-3 and i do not have any pics of these installed, Sorry. But my brother has these on his KLDE MX-3 and he has all factory A/C, powersteering, and they fit with no fitment issues.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

!!SOLD!!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”