93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93SOHC

93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

Post by 93SOHC »

Well I just spent an hour making this all nice and organizied and accidentally closed the tab and erased all of it so now im frustrated. I will redo it later or tomarrow :crying:
Last edited by 93SOHC on November 21st, 2008, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: 93SOHC worklog

Post by fowljesse »

I H8 that! I would write long, thought out "How-tos", and the connection would fail when I go to send it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

It was really in depth. Im sore from surgery so im gonna rewrite it by hand then type it all in the morning. Got a bunch of pics uploaded too.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
markm

Post by markm »

can't wait to read and view the progress.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Allright i'm starting this over again. This is a forecast of whats to come for my new acquisition 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE. The car has some nasty damage up front but its really fixable. Its super clean and only 84K on the clock. First heres some pics of the current exterior state. I had a chance to remove a bit of the damage, but had surgery 2 days later so its going to be a bit before I make any progress.
the only rust is in a tiny spot and a bubble:
some of its finer features:
the drivers side is perfect, no pics yet
Now for the Nasty:
Not pictured but wrecked were the headlights, bumper, lip, and turn signals
after a quick strip:

Exteriorwise this is what I have to work with. From what I can see it looks like I need the following:
-Headlights $45 each, j/y
-Bumper w/lip $75, j/y
-Hood $75 j/y
-RF fender $75 j/y(hope I can find this cheaper)
-core support parts~$50 to $60, j/y
-signals:gettin smoked ones off ebay$?
-Radiator: if I find a good j/y one~$50 if not online/work $150 to $200
Once the car is straight again I plan on finding:
-Smoked tail lights
-M/S half sideskirts
-Canadian GS spoiler(this is tentative. I am considering also a RS garnish and shaving the rear wiper) Not a big wing fan but the garnish might look strange with the gs rear wiper
-rear mudgaurds
-all black wheels (leaning towards 17" trac-lites but rims always come along)
The car will be color-changed to Rx-8 or Mazda 6 black custom mixed by me
This seems ambitious but this will be my dream mx-3. Im assuming a tentative finish time for the exterior of spring 09 paint unless I can get my body shop buddys to get it in this winter. I am only collecting the panels and pieces this winter since my garage is too full for prep work(or any work for that matter) I have found that winter is good for collecting parts cause not a lot of people are ver motivated during this season. This will be my exterior post thread...
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Here's a few interior shots so you can all be jealous of my super clean SE interior. Unfortunately there are a few issues i'd like to address:
my steering wheel is all peely (is that a word?)
and im missing one OEM floor mat for the driver side. Heres the passenger one. The rears are there as well and mint!
Also the combo switch is messed up I think it turns on and off the signals as I turn the wheel. I hope its the switch and not the column.
A few more interior shots:

Other than the minor issues the only thing im changing is the radio(prolly a molded 12 in the trunk nothing too fancy), painting the upper interior trim and headliner, and of core adding a shifter and clutch pedal when I do the ATX/MTX swap.

Happy droolling... :wink:
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Update:
I have gotten 2 headlights for a measley $36 and also a used radiator for $40 and a radiator support for $3. I am still nervous about the core support removal. I found a good candidate for a replacement at the j/y I just need to get a battery opperated sawzall to cut it out. As far as the car itself most of the radiator is detatched(except the trans lines) and it ready to come out. But its STUCK! I have to cut out the core support to remove the radiator/fans b/c they are pushed to close to the motor. This is madness, but i'm loving every second. On a sad note the gs bumper I stashed at a j/y the day before I bought this car, was gone yesterday when I went to pick it up. FYI if you stash stuff at a j/y put in the back of a stationwagon or something, not under a 91 Grand Marquis...someone will find it I guess :crying:
93SOHC

more damage and new rims!!!

Post by 93SOHC »

Here's some more damage pics that I hadn't uploaded and this is about where it stands right now. I also got the mx-3 some presents for early x-mas gifts. A nice cover and a set of 17" rims.

Ouch!!!
double ouch!
Tripple OUCH. Look how bad the radiator is bent. Also found out that the a/c is doomed. Don't care enough to replace it so its goin bye-bye

All tucked in nice and warm(man I wish I had a garage that wasn't full of crap)
These were mad cheap and I couldn't pass em up (250!) They are off brand "ns racing" or some crap but they are quite a bit lighter than other 17's i've owned. 17x7 40mm offset 225/45/17 bridgestone protenza's(about 50%/ 30% tread left) Color is black charcoal metallic. I know they weigh a lot but i'm planning a turbo de swap so no biggie!
My shed is full so I have to start storing parts where i can
I am prolly grabbin a hood for 75 locally and am waiting for a member here to ship a set of turnsignals. Its coming together. I can't wait till I get the balls to cut out the core support!
johnmx3ze

Re: 93SOHC 93 mx-3 GSSE

Post by johnmx3ze »

nice rims...
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

thanks! I like em' They are a bit out dated, but I loved my mr7's on my last mx3 and these are pretty close
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Yay a shiny new hood: 75 bux and an uncomfortable ride home in my festiva was all it took. Oh yeah plus i had to clear the 2 feet of snow off the donor car an undo 4 bolts :D
The journey pics are here:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=68087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the hood in my shed:
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

very nice. its comeing together nicely
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I scored a RS hatch garnish with only one broken clip! :lol: Also a RS bumper(its scraped to crap on the bottom and the paint is peeling but once I get a lip and paint it won't matter. The only thing thats left in the collision repair to buy is the core support. I got me a spot weld driller so all I need is a cordless drill for the junkyard or I may try to locate a new one from Mazda if they exsist. Anyway a few pics:

The bumper also has a small crack but nothing a bit of plastic weld and some icing cant fix. Desperate times call for desperate measures
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fowljesse wrote:I H8 that! I would write long, thought out "How-tos", and the connection would fail when I go to send it.
Ya, same. I've gotten the habbit of doing a select-all than copy before i post anything, especially if it's long.

Just a simple CTRL+A (Select All) than CTRL+C (copy), and i know that if it doesn't post, just paste on a new thread with no loss.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

LOL. me too. works great

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”