Won the lottery...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
wytbishop

Won the lottery...

Post by wytbishop »

Not me...you...

If you could make any upgrade or modification without concern for money what would it be?

Brakes? Engine? Suspension? Body? Be specific.

There are so many things I wish I had the money to do. I wonder what those things are for all of you.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
neli_nael

Re: Won the lottery...

Post by neli_nael »

buy all the mx3's in the world that i can :twisted:
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

haha alright,
-Turbo
-cryo2 system
-Nitrous
-built engine to take at least 10-15 pounds of boost
-painted VC's, polished IM, bla bla bla
-Custom paint, deep blue color with a not too over powering tribal design on it
-Mazda speed everything i could
-solid mounts
-Carbon fiber hood, hatch, gas tank lid, sunroof,
-body kit
-Plexiglass windows
-Racing seats
-four point harness
-get rid of back seat re upholster overtop of that area, make it all open but looking nice, custom sub box that would hold the sub, battery and the bottles for the nitrous and cryo2.
-B-pillar bars
-strut bars
-sway bars
-lowered.
-short shifter

thats only off the top of my head, this car would have had so much done up with it if i were to continue... but thats a bit more money than im willing to dish out, so im buying an MR2 in the spring... lol
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

right now the Presso bumper/lip is top of my ridiculous wish list. I'm gonna wind up spending way too much on it too because I don't want someone else's used folded in half junk.

I'm also thinking endlessly about the engine stuff I want.

I'm curious to know what you guys are obsessed about.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

My response would be to the question "what about the mx-3?", What Mx-3...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

id turn mine into a hovercraft :D who needs wheels... :shrug:

oh, make that a convertible hovercraft.
ImageImageImageImage
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

build reliable mx-3 that I could drive every day on pump gas 93 and would run low 10's on DR's would have to be AWD of course.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Body- RE-Amemiya rear CF diffuser, FEED sides, 99 spec front bumper with the license plate and the 99 lip.

Wheels- BBS RGRs 18x10 in the backs and 18x9.5 in the front with some BFGs. Stock rims with slicks for track days.

Engine- GT42R or a T88 under the hood to suck in babies, HKS SMIC that they sell on RX7store.net, a 20B bridgeported with all the goodies, and a standalone better than my Apexi PowerFC with a great tune. Full 4" exhaust all the way.

Suspension- Solid mounts, all brand new racing bushings, all aftermarket tie rods, control arms, etc. The best coilovers I can buy. ( Dont know which they are cause I cant afford them haha)

Spirit R Type A full interior including the sick Carbon-Kevlar seats, harnesses, with a complete set of Defi gauges and full roll cage.

Paint job and all new window and door mouldings.

Thats just the basics but man would I love to just have the basics haha.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

My current object of desire is this -

Got to ride in one at the detroit SCCA solo season ender - man that was a rush...

Ryan

Post by Ryan »

I would go ape :)

My mechanic and I would pick up an serious sleeper shell, and make some 1000hp minivan or something. Rear engine, AWD.... twin turbo V8 or something :) 10" stacks straight out the roof with the caps on the top.

Or, I would get in a BPT, join every GB on here, and get a pro shop to detail my MX back to factory glory. Wheel set, headlights (eventually) lexan windows, some very nice sound...
Then pick up an FD and do the same
then an Mx6
then an Rx8
then an Lotus (who cares which :))
then a Veyron
Then move to Germany, so I can actually drive.
Or, if I'm rich enough, make my own 100km track.

But first I would put away 50K for my edjumakation.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Volones

Post by Volones »

I would build a B6 to get 200hp NA, if I had unlimited funds.

Since that's borderline impossible (I don't believe that anything is totally impossible), it would use enough of those unlimited funds that I'd have to buy my wife another farm and a herd of horses to compensate. :D
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

AWD KLZE Mx3

Bulletproof internals, freshly rebuilt tranny w/ cryo treated gears and the longer final drive/5th gear. 10.5/1 CR Pistons matches with a nice turbo running at 15 psi, capable of 400+whp on pump gas, and reliable.

Fully adjustable suspension, electronically controlled from within the car. Full engine management system tied into a carputer, LCD screen where the radio is. Replace the instrument panel w/ digital display or get the guys in europe that built the nasty mx3 instrument panel to make me one. Inside digital boost control also linked to water/methanol injection system.

New paint on car, probably a nice blue. 3 new sets of rims, one for winter, one for summer, combined with the best tires for each season, and the last w/ the best auto-x tires.

Finished interior w/more custom trim and complete sound system. (I already have black/blue re-wrapped leather seats, leather door panels, suedecloth headliner, ultraplush carpet and soundproofing...I'll have to get up pics when its all done in a few weeks :-D)

Freshly cleaned underbody, removing EVERY trace of rust, repairing priming and painting to last another 20+years.

Full poly suspension (working on that one!)
Adjustable endlinks (check)
Beefier sway bars, arms, etc.
Custom rear spoiler, something taller than the RS one, but nothing like the the giant wings.
Projector headlights
Big brake kit F&R, new brake lines, gas lines, gas tank.
Buttons that are wired up to "gadgets" that make black smoke come out the back of the car, drop calthrops (or similar items), produce a concentrated emp to disable vehicles (yes they have it,its just not very practical yet), and of course some sort of slippy substance to prevent pursuers. One more thing, that would be totally doable -sand/salt mix dispensors over the wheels, so in the winter you can release sand/salt at the push of a button to gain extra traction.

I'm totally building at least 2 of those things on my car someday :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

onlytrueromeo wrote:One more thing, that would be totally doable -sand/salt mix dispensors over the wheels, so in the winter you can release sand/salt at the push of a button to gain extra traction.

I vote not that. Use crushed stone. Salt only works after it melts the crap on the highway, and sand is too small to make any difference.

Or, goes James Bond style and get some badass spikes coming out of those tires.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If I were to build it, I would do alot of actual testing and research. Crushed stone could work well depending on the particle size, but a larger aggregate will not be as effective when moving. The stones will just make lots of noise,and you wouldn't be able to get enough to make a significant difference. In any case, I wasn't really referring to highway speeds, more like 30mph and below, or backing out of a parking lot. A mixture of fine aggregates w/ small stone and salt would probably be ideal. I know salt does not melt things instantly, but I think it would do what I would want it to...in the winter cars are notorious for building up snow/ice in the wheel wells and restrict the ability for our tires to get rid of the snow in the treads.

I guess another solution might be to have wheel-well heaters, just some heater wire in there to prevent buildup.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

This is weird.
I was thinking about posting almost the same thread! My version was: If I won the lotto, I'd have everyone vote as to what to do with an MX-3, and hire Vaughn to help. My goal would be to have an MX-3 that could compete with a Porsche (my favorite car).
I would have as much as possible replaced with Carbon Fiber. I have more ideas than I feel like writing, but a 2 stroke power supercharger would be developed. What I call "Voodoo" power would be incorporated, also (Cryo treatment, extrude honing, heat coatings, etc...).
It would be a 400Hp KL AWD for sure. It would be tempting to swap in a rotory, ar non Mazda engine, but the trick would be to keep it as MX-3 as possible.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”