Wanted: 1.6l SOHC 16v 4cyl FI under 60k

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Technostiva

Wanted: 1.6l SOHC 16v 4cyl FI under 60k

Post by Technostiva »

Looking to do a swap in My Festiva.. I am looking for a 1.6l that someone might have lying around after they've swapped to a larger motor. Thanx
Technostiva<BR>91 Festiva L soon to have MX-3 1.6l Engine
chrism

Re: Wanted: 1.6l SOHC 16v 4cyl FI under 60k

Post by chrism »

why would you want to put any money what so ever into a festiva
Hemer98

Post by Hemer98 »

Hey whats happening,<BR> I own a Mazda 4 cylinder 1.6 SOHC for sale. If you want it e-mail me with some questions and I will do my best to answer them. E-mail me at MYMX3VEh@aol.com.<P>Thank you
pulse101

Post by pulse101 »

I have a block. Check out my post or get back to me if interested.<P>thanks<BR>jeremy
1992 White MX3 1.6l SOHC
- For Sale - 105,000 miles / 3,000 miles on engine
- Original B6 Bored 2 Over
- Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
- Short Shifter
- Cross Drilled and Slotted Rotors
- KYB GR-2 Shocks/Struts
- Steel Braided Front Brake Lines
- Reverse indiglo gauges and carbon fiber trim
- Front and Rear Strut Tower Bars
- 17" Sumitomo Tires on Anthracite/Chrome Loco Wheels
codene

Post by codene »

my buddy has a wrecked mx3. i stole his rear quarter panel and trunk :) if ya want ill get ya his number and you can see how much he wants for the engine. email me :)
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chrism:<BR><STRONG>why would you want to put any money what so ever into a festiva</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Other people (not myself) could say the same about any car, Including the MX-3. I have heard that same old song and dance for quite some time now. But my Festy isn't like most anyone has ever seen.<BR>I am not after a 10 second car, but a little more hp than a 1.3 can give would be nice since all the electronics and sound system weigh a bit. Racing in the area I live in just gets you big tickets and your car taken away. Just ask the 278 people arrested recently. Yeah... I live in the Houston area. But before you are critical of my ride take a look at it.<BR><A HREF="http://www.badasscomputers.com" TARGET=_blank>Technostiva</A> The car only weighs 1700lbs add a 1.6 DOHC or even a B6T which others have done, and you have a very quick lil car. Granted a stock Festiva isn't very good looking, but with a body kit and some mods, it looks as good, or in my opinion better than a Civic (bad word) Hatchback.
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codene:<BR><STRONG>my buddy has a wrecked mx3. i stole his rear quarter panel and trunk :) if ya want ill get ya his number and you can see how much he wants for the engine. email me :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>A lot of people on the Festiva list are interested in these swaps, I can forward any email addresses and numbers to them, if they are interested in selling the engine.
Tman

Post by Tman »

I dont wanna be mean or anything, but do people ever point and laugh at you when you are driving your car?
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tman:<BR><STRONG>I dont wanna be mean or anything, but do people ever point and laugh at you when you are driving your car?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>First off, I am way above that kind of stuff. Maybe it's because I'm 40, but to answer your question, Of course they do. Just like the guys in Mustangs, Camaros and Mopars do to anyone who drives an import. And just like the guys in Porches, Ferraris, Lamborghnis and Hummers do to those guys in Camaros, Mustangs and Mopars. It's all in the way you look at it.. no matter what you drive, someone somewhere will be laughing at you. ;)<p>[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: Technostiva ]
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technostiva:<BR><STRONG><BR>car. Granted a stock Festiva isn't very good looking, but with a body kit and some mods, it looks as good, or in my opinion better than a Civic (bad word) Hatchback.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ummmm NO. I'm not trying to bash, but at least Hondas have *some* styling. Festivas look like Ford took it's styling cues from the Yugo. And don't even get me started on the ugly a-- Focuses.<P>If your car is ugly, you should embrace the ugliness of your car. Don't try to rescue it from ugliness by adding bodykits and all kinds of mods, that will just make it's ugliness stand out more. If you don't like driving an ugly car, just buy a better looking one.<P>If you're going to keep it, what you should do with an ugly car is soup it up and make people say "Damn! That ugly a-- Yugo-looking box on 4 wheels just blew the doors off me!" That'll really piss off the guys who spent all their money on their cars appearance and neglected it's performance. It's like a slap in the face when some nasty econo-box looking car just beat them.<P>Get an "Ugly Duckling" license plate, or a bumper sticker that says "Don't laugh, it's paid for" or something that acknowledges to the world that you know your car is butt-ugly so instead of laughing at you, they'll be laughing with you. Then when you floor it, their eyes will bug out and they'll say "Look at that ugly little boxy car GO!!!"<p>[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by voltaire:<BR><STRONG><P>Festivas look like Ford took it's styling cues from the Yugo. <BR>[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't normally acknowledge people that are this uninformed, BUT.....<BR>First off, you obviously don't have a clue as to what your talking about. Ford did not design this car Mazda did. Originally it was a Mazda 121, then rebadged as a Kia Pride.. then rebadged as a Ford Festiva.<BR>The Ford Focus was never designed by Mazda, so it isn't even in the same category other than the Ford Logo.<BR>And why lie? If you don't mean to bash, then don't. If you are intending to bash, be a man and own up to it. I guess you are an authority of ugly right? Just because you think something is ugly doesn't make it so. I actually don't care what you think. Opinions are like a$$holes everybody has 1.<BR>IMHO,I would rather own a Nice looking Festiva than a "Cookie Cutter" Honda Civic any day. Every kid with daddy's credit card, armed with a copy of The Fast and The Furious, owns one. You must own a Honda Civic and I offended you in some way. FWIW, I like Mazda cars no matter what badge they have. Many cars are designed by Mazda that don't have a Mazda Badge on them.<BR>But Voltaire, don't hold back, tell me what you really think. :D
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Technostiva:<BR><STRONG><P>I don't normally acknowledge people that are this uninformed, BUT.....<BR>First off, you obviously don't have a clue as to what your talking about. Ford did not design this car Mazda did. Originally it was a Mazda 121, then rebadged as a Kia Pride.. then rebadged as a Ford Festiva.<BR>The Ford Focus was never designed by Mazda, so it isn't even in the same category other than the Ford Logo.<BR>And why lie? If you don't mean to bash, then don't. If you are intending to bash, be a man and own up to it. I guess you are an authority of ugly right? Just because you think something is ugly doesn't make it so. I actually don't care what you think. Opinions are like a$$holes everybody has 1.<BR>IMHO,I would rather own a Nice looking Festiva than a "Cookie Cutter" Honda Civic any day. Every kid with daddy's credit card, armed with a copy of The Fast and The Furious, owns one. You must own a Honda Civic and I offended you in some way. FWIW, I like Mazda cars no matter what badge they have. Many cars are designed by Mazda that don't have a Mazda Badge on them.<BR>But Voltaire, don't hold back, tell me what you really think. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Well, I did tell you what I really thought, but you obviously took it another way. I guess it must be a sensitive subject. You obviously haven't embraced your car's ugliness yet.<P>I do own a '91 CRX along with my MX-3 and I consider both to have their own unique style. I do not consider either of them to be ugly in any way. It hasn't always been so, I have owned ugly cars before. In fact, one of the cars I miss the most was one of the ugliest cars imaginable. It was a semi-rusty light-blue '84 Nissan Maxima station wagon, and her name was Maxine, she even talked. She had a sexy voice, but boy was Maxine one ugly b----. I on one occasion pulled into a friend's house where there were a bunch of 8-10 year olds outside who started pointing and laughing and calling it ugly. But that's ok, I didn't mind a bit because I KNEW it was ugly. They weren't telling me anything I didn't already know. So, in effect, they weren't laughing at me, they were laughing with me.<P>That car had an inline-6 and rear-wheel drive and believe it or not, it was really fun to drive. The interior was about as worn out as the exterior, but it was roomy, comfortable, and it had a sunroof. My friends and I had a lot of good times in that car. And yes, in my younger more carefree days, I made a lot of people's eye's bug out and say "look at that big, ugly, rusty, boxy car go!"<P>And you're right, I didn't know that your car was designed by Mazda and not Ford. That has no bearing on my opinion of the cars ugliness. If it makes you feel better, I consider some other Mazdas to be ugly as well. I also consider some Hondas to be ugly. We won't even dive into the realm of ugliness that is Ford. But guess what, that's just my opinion, and as you said, "Opinions are like a--holes, everybody has one." So don't let other people's opinions phase you.<p>[ September 08, 2002: Message edited by: voltaire ]
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

Thanks to all here. I now have my MX-3 1.6 engine, and hope to have it installed next week. With this engine and some hp mods, I should be able to zoom zoom... since the car only weighs about 1900lbs, I should be able to smoke those with a similar setup.<BR>Thanx again,<BR>Dj :)
Technostiva

Post by Technostiva »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by voltaire:<BR><STRONG><P>You obviously haven't embraced your car's ugliness yet.<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No offense was taken, or intended, but My Festy barely looks like a Festiva at all. Yes it WAS an ugly car,and instead of embracing the ugliness I set out to change it, and thats what I've done. So, I donot see it as ugly now, other than needing paint. Custom grille, clear corners, body kit, larger Konig wheels, Falken tires,custom suspension, Fiberglass hood, 2.25 cat back exhaust, smoothie taillights and Factory Jspec GTX rear spoiler make the difference. I was more miffed about the "being Designed by FORD" than being called ugly. If you havent seen pics of my car I can completely understand why someone would say a Festiva is an ugly car. Being a Ford is a common misconception that has plagued me since I bought the car. I have since shaved the Ford emblems, as I hate the fact that it has anything to do with Ford. :)
Tman

Post by Tman »

Technoista, i really give you props on your car though...atleast you love it and put some work into it. It will be faster than anyone would ever expect. If i ever saw festiva, that wanted to race i would laugh and save my gas. And Voltaire, you are a trip!
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”