Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Honda

Post by Ryan »

Before I start, I realize this may, or most likely will become, a controvercial thread.

I was cominghome from work the other day, and pulled up behind some guy in a black Civic Si. At the next light he signaled for me to follow him by beckoning with his hand through his sun roof. As you may have guessed, he was in the lane headed for main street. I didn't even bother following him. I knew that gen of Civic Si sat at 160hp stock.

Why do we hate civics so much? I feel they are respectable cars. That little four banger pushes 30 more ponies than our v6. All with a different cam profiles? Thats kinda neat-o.

Do we hate civics, or just the drivers? Are there actually problems with the cars? From what I understand they are reliable, powerful, easy on gas, and easy to maintain.

I know that every teenager wants a civic to slap altezzas and a can on it and to sit in the Tim's parking lot and look under their hoods and peer into the depths of the bay that is beyond their comprehension. Oh, except the intake. They replaced that with an Ebay one. It came with instructions, thank goodness.

What are your opinions on the cars alone? The drivers? In general?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
tehbrookzorz

Re: Honda

Post by tehbrookzorz »

For the most part, I like them. The number of poorly and tastelessly modified versions out there gives them a bad name. I know that some of the older ones had cheap body metal that tended to rust out prematurely, and I don't know if this has been resolved. I like third gen hatches (had one) and the newer coupes and hatches. Test drove an 08 Si sedan, and it was actually quite nice too.
Cody
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

my issue with them is the fanbase.
It's the overwhelming ridiculous zealousness for an "icon" or "symbol" of what the fanbase considers as the "best" and there are "none other" possibilities.

The civic fanbase is exactly that. Bunch of kids that think the car is the best. They can't give a valid explanation why, but they exercise a RABID zealousness for such an icon and can't see much past their nose.

It's the same issue I have with the Apple fanbase. They're ridiculous, they're retarded.

Honda makes good vehicles. They're strong, they last long. But their fanbase is completely disgusting.

Shoot, some of the most reliable cars ARE honda's... i've seen MANY civics hit and surpass the 300k mile oh so very often.

Apple makes good computers. They're strong, reliable, but their fanbase is completely disgusting. You can't have a normal conversation with them without wanting to gauge out your eyes and cry in agony of the member's overwhelming stupidity.

A riced out civic with an apple logo on the windshield? Mother of GOD, he must think he's been sent from the eternal skies out of mercy, to grace us with his pimple-faced presence which no one is WORTHY of his company. But in his everlasting, high-and-mighty meekness, comes and walks the same streets with us, oh the same unworthy streets that you and I, dear undeserving child, walk. (or drive, whatever your preference)

Oh that traffic may part as waters for you, he who drives a honda, using his ipod, talking on his iphone, breathing benzene fumes from his macbook and gaining cancer...

You. Are. GODSENT.

So yeah, in all reality, they're GREAT cars. But the fanbase makes me want to go to a slice-and-dice party.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Volones

Post by Volones »

I got hit from behind by a kid in a civic going 50mph.
I was on my Schwinn.
Now I own an MX-3.

'nuff said.
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

my idea
is it sometimes the drivers
an also that theirs just too many they all look the same
iv'e burnned countless civics that thnk their fast
when all they have is a muffler
my cousin has a prelude
an wants me to get a civic or del sol
but i dont want one too many people own one
an i love my mx3 :love:
Murdastylez15

Post by Murdastylez15 »

SuperK wrote:A riced out civic with an apple logo on the windshield? Mother of GOD, he must think he's been sent from the eternal skies out of mercy, to grace us with his pimple-faced presence which no one is WORTHY of his company. But in his everlasting, high-and-mighty meekness, comes and walks the same streets with us, oh the same unworthy streets that you and I, dear undeserving child, walk.
Yeah I agree, mostly it's the ego of these guys and their B16s.
Everything that looks fast just isn't fast. The egos of people with apple computers, they see it as being cool so therefore try and recruite more ppl to con them to believe that it's the best thing in the world.
Everywhere you go you see Honda Civics, Honda Accords, Si's, Ex's, V-tec's THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
BUT....tell me how many times you see Mazda MX-3 on the streets of wherever you're from. Hardly ever do I see another MX-3, and when I see one, I don't try to race them or act better, I just think of them as my brotheren.....haha
Finally, I'm just tired of Honda and their reproduction rate.....I wish Mazda would reproduce a better variety of sports cars. Mazda has quality work, leave the quantity part up to Honda.
Dying to be TURBO CHARGED
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

i agree Murdastylez15
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here's what happened:
Honda made ALOT of good cars for the price. ALOT of people bought them. They eventually sold them, or gave them to their kids, making them affordable to the younger masses. The younger masses desperately want to be cool, and there are very few good outlets nowadays. Style has died, and a substitute is being spoon-fed to the younger masses, and they don't know any better. Almost every good thing has been boiled down to it's essence, and counterfeited; food style, music, etc.. Ever since the model T, the younger masses have tweaked cars, to match their style, and now they match what they think is their style, as dictated by the F&F, and the rich retards on Mtv. Obviously, they can't afford what they see, and don't have the knowledge of what style actually is, and are so used to the substitute, that they think "close enough" is good enough. Also, there's this phenomena in recent history, where people don't know how to interact anymore, so they think any kind of attention is good. That's why they go to night clubs, and bang their pelvises into people on the dance floor, instead of talking to them.
I'm sorry to have to say, but if Mazda was in Honda's place they would be "Mazda boys".
Also, only in recent history, have the younger masses had a disposible income. Want to know why there are so MANY BullS "RICE" parts on the market? The same reason there is so much oveproduced BS music, and idiotic clothes, and why kids think it's cool to walk with a limp.. They BUY it! If Snoop Dogg, and Fifty Cents drank their own piss, guess who would start doing it? Yep HALF the kids in America.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Wow.

High-five for SuperK, who not only hit the nail on the head... he f'n smashed it!. Best comment I have ever seen anywhere. No BS, no smoke up someones a$$. That rocked!

Anyways, back to Honda...
They make a good solid car. They have second to none aftermaket support. What I am not too impressed with would be the torque ratings on most of their cars. Lets look at the S2000 CR for instance... sure it pushes out an impressive 219hp but only 151.43 lb-ft. Honda is the worst offender for low TQ numbers... Toyota, mazda etc.. have damn near par tq and hp on their cars.

I am also slightly offended by their small batteries and tiny rads. If you buy one you will become a douchebag. It would be nice to have 100 different companies fighting for the aftermaket sales.

Honda's are like bellybuttons... everyone has one and they are useless.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Buying a Honda is a safe way to go for some young people. Look I'm cool because I own a Honda (even tho I really did like the looks of that Alero). It's one less decision they have to make. Mazda styling rocks so I chose to buy Mazda.
Last edited by Daninski on October 6th, 2008, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Simply put, Honda produces the best made vehicles in the world. When it comes to motorcycles I am a tried and true, dyed in the wool, card carrying Honda man...till death. I ride a Honda RC51, maybe the coolest, most interesting sporting motorcycle ever made (That's my opinion, not yours). If I wanted to ride the "best" bike out there I would prolly have something else, but I would rather ride something with character and flair and not blend in with a crowd of CBR owners.

I drive an MX-3 for the same reason. It's not the best car in the world, but I love it and I have a personal strength that makes it impossible for me to act like cattle.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

[quote="wytbishop"]Simply put, Honda produces the best made vehicles in the world. quote]
Lol thats your opinion yes?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Not sucking on Honda's pipes or anything, but...

They are well built cars.
Let's look at the pro's and con's on this topic... Since some people act like they hate Honda, and not it's drivers, really.

Pro's...
---------
Safety Ratings.
Vehicle Prices.
MPG.
Long lasting Motors.
Parts are a decent price

Con's...
-----------
Everyone has one.
People rice them out.
They have low tq numbers.

Get what I'm saying here?
It's really not Honda that you hate. It's the people that drive them and the people that do these things and give honda a bad name is what you hate. I myself like hondas and seperates me from them is because I love the sleek look of the mx3, and thats why i chose it. If I didnt get this car, I would have a civic hatch.
Say what you want about honda but they do know their stuff and have done a great job. Thats not my opinion... Thats a fact.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Hehe, I like this thread.

I never looked at the torque ratings, maybe I should.

I also agree that Honda builds the longest lasting gas engines I have ever seen. Old quads, equiptment like generators and log splitters, you simply can't kill the things.

Reasearching, the Si that beconed me, had 106 tq
My b6 sits at 96tq

2414 lb RS 0-60 in 9.5s
2390 lb Si 0-60 in 7.5s

Hm. 2s is a big difference.

And I thought Mx-3's were really light? This seems to be not so.... no without cf hatches and lexan windows :P
Last edited by Ryan on October 6th, 2008, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Most of the Honda engines, The torque is not close to the hp numbers at all. The F22's numbers are pretty close. F22's are like 130 hp and 127 tq. D15's, D16's, B16's, B18's... all of their tq numbers suck pretty bad. I dont know much about the K series though.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.

Return to “Off-Topic”