Probe header on 1.6 DOHC

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jaythewolf1985

Probe header on 1.6 DOHC

Post by jaythewolf1985 »

Hey there i'm new on here and this is my first mx-3 and i love it. i just have a question about a probe header. how well does the factory exhaust gasket match up to the probe header? i know you have to get it drilled to have the holes match, which is no problem. was just wondering about that i have seen a pic of an header with a 1.6 gasket on it to show the hole pattern but i looked to me that the exhuast ports were a bit off. if so, does it ever blow the gasket?

Thx
mx-3_4evr

Re: Probe header on 1.6 DOHC

Post by mx-3_4evr »

You will have to port it out till it matches the gasket. I have a header with all the mods. to fit an MX-3 (had it for 5 months) I got a BP engine so I have no use for it anymore. You can have it for $75 + shipping. Let me know :D
Egfconnor

Post by Egfconnor »

are these headers for the dohc engine? and did you notice much with installing them? power wise.
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

yes they are for the DOHC. I noticed the power increase. After installing the header, I could easily spin most of 1st gear and churp the into 2nd. How much HP? IDK :shrug:
jaythewolf1985

Post by jaythewolf1985 »

really only mostly spin first and churp 2nd. My car only has a cold air intake and full exhuast from mani back and taking off around 2000 to 2500 i'll spin through 1st almost on rev limiter and most of 2nd with a good cloud of smoke going on!!!
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I'm saying w/o dropping the clutch on Flaken tires... IDK but the car was fast for 105 WHP+ I kept up w/ my friends Scion TC w/ catback exhaust.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”