swapping over complete airco system

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
turbulence23

swapping over complete airco system

Post by turbulence23 »

got a question.

i now have a sparepart mx3 and it has been equipped with a complete and working airconditioning system.

i want to swap over the complete system including the compressor pipings etc into my own car.

at first i want to know:

* has anybody else ever done this
* is it doable of do i need to do a lot of modifications to my own car
* do i need to take over a wire loom for the airco pump

or is it just swap over the pipes, compressor, belts the box under the glovebox and thats it

hope somebody else have ever done this and could point me in the right way
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
turbulence23

Re: swapping over complete airco system

Post by turbulence23 »

don't tell me i am the first one with this idea....

have used the search all afternoon but couldnt find any relative topics ( might be searching wrong)

please help me out here... if several people tell me its impossible or a lot of work i might reconsider
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Lot of work.... Especially putting in the evaporator system - you may have to remove the dash to put it in properly. Also you may have to flush the entire system to remove all traces of r12/oil before filling it with the new r134a refrigerant. You will also have to get new seals throughout to prevent any leaks.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It's been done a fair amount of times. Timpronk did it on his. I'm pretty sure it was a dealer installed option. I was actually atthe local Mazda dealership and a guy was getting the A/C kit for his son's Mx-3. It's been in stock for so long they were blowing it out for like $400, I wish I wasn't there for that conversation, lol.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

i can only speak for pre 94, but it's pretty easy. i could not find a leak for the life of me, ended up buying every AC line from a guy for 20 bucks and changing them all out. condenser too. took maybe two hours tops, mainly because i was taking my time and being very careful not to stress any of the lines. i would buy a gasket kit for like 20 bucks off ebay, since you'll have all the lines out, may as well swap them anyway. only the glove box needs to get removed to put in the evap box.

only thing i can think of that might be a hitch is the wiring. look on your harness and see if the plugs are there or not

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”