elect window stopped working

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
hpcbmw

elect window stopped working

Post by hpcbmw »

Drivers electric window on 93 mx-3 stopped working. At first, it would work intermittently - pulling up and back on the switch seemed to help. Then it stopped completely (of course, when out of town at a hotel). I took apart the switch and messed with it for awhile and it finally went back up. Now I'm afraid to put it down for fear it won't come back up.

My first question - how can I jump the wires or solder spots on the switch to activate the window motor? I want to check to see if it's just the motor, or just the switch, or both.

Second question - if it's motor or switch- where's a good place to purchase? I can't find the switch at junkyards, seems very specific to this car. Can I use a motor out of any similar Mazda?

Thanks
solo_ryder

Re: elect window stopped working

Post by solo_ryder »

90% of the time it is the switch. I rarely see motors go out.

If you want a switch, you can search on eBay or at a wreckers.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”