Really quick A/C compressor question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Really quick A/C compressor question

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

The A/C compressor is right by the altenator and oil filter. I noticed it has a hose that connects to the inside of the car. And another that connects to the oil cooler (infront of the radiator).

My question is. I am getting rid of the A/C for the KLZE swap. What should I do for the second hose that connects to the oil cooler? Plug it obviously, right?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Really quick A/C compressor question

Post by Mooneggs »

I dunno... when I pulled my a/c I pulled the whole thing including all the lines and the a/c condenser in front of the radiator...

uh oh... I didn't know about the oil cooler thing :shock:
redmxlookin4turbo

Post by redmxlookin4turbo »

I'd keep the a/c all my cars have a/c even my off road toy lol
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Mooneggs wrote:I dunno... when I pulled my a/c I pulled the whole thing including all the lines and the a/c condenser in front of the radiator...

uh oh... I didn't know about the oil cooler thing :shock:
I think the line from the oil cooler. Or whatever that 2nd all black rad is. The line from there feeds into the A/C compressor to keep it lubed up. Thats my theory
My A/C dont work. I just want to make sure I am pulling out the right thing.
The A/c compressor is right by the oil filter and underneath the altenator correct?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

have you looked at the online manual?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

That not an oil cooler if I read your post right. It's the condensor and it's used to bleed off the heat to return the gaseous halocarbon to the liquid state. If it's in front of your rad it's only connected to your ac. Why not keep your A/C, the Ze can certainly handle it.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Daninski wrote:That not an oil cooler if I read your post right. It's the condensor and it's used to bleed off the heat to return the gaseous halocarbon to the liquid state. If it's in front of your rad it's only connected to your ac. Why not keep your A/C, the Ze can certainly handle it.
The A/C dont work.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Usually not hard to fix it but what ever.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Daninski wrote:Usually not hard to fix it but what ever.
What needs to be done to fix the A/C?
Let me guess, replace the A/C fluid
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

yea thats not an oil cooler its your a/c condenser you can pull all parts and not have a problem. At least I am almost positive because I have been thinking about pulling mine seems how I crushed the bottom of my a/c condenser one day when my jack gave out slipped from its proper spot and crushed my condeser. I never use my a/c anyway I just roll down the windows.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

"slipped from its proper spot". Didn't know there was one by the A/C compressor. Anyway if the compressor is running with no noise you may just have a leak. Either disconect the belt or save your nickels and have a leak check done. If your car is pre 96 then it's R12 and you can't get that now so either have a retrofit done, about $180 bucks or buy that new stuff in the auto stores that can go into either R12 or R134A systems, do it yourself and Mon you be chillin.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”