[WTB] manual transmission

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
mikeylinden

[WTB] manual transmission

Post by mikeylinden »

im looking for a manual transmission for my 92 GS do swap out the automatic. I i still need all the stuff; linkage cables, shifter, clutch, etc.., but i figured buying a tranny from a yard can be dangerous. Any thing would be helpful. I will come pick it or anything up if not too far away, im in eastern pa.
datmazdboi

Re: [WTB] manual transmission

Post by datmazdboi »

here's a clutch to go to with ur new transmission
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 0248348211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

I have all the GS parts you need for the swap but I am looking to part/ move the whole car. I am in NY (long island). I am looking for 300.oo for all of it, which sounds fair to me.

The list:
5spd transmisson
clutch.. fly, pressure plate.. all that'
shifter w/ linkage
Fenders
bumper (GS lip in bad shape)
Wheels
tail lights (front lights sold)
Intake manifold
exhaust manifold
sunroof
k8 motor ,half apart... block in good shape (* no ac condensor, no alt, no disty)
axles.
the car is stripped of the interior except the dash...

let me know what you think about taking it all since you are somewhat local. Pull it home and part it. You are about a 2 hr and 30 minutes drive from the car. My sis when to school in Allentown. Email me for pictures of what is left.

bdavis2005 at gmail dot com
Garage (sort of)
99 Acura Integra GSR-T (totaled)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
90 MX-5 getting the rotary treatment
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sulken2000

Post by sulken2000 »

hi, i purchased a 5spd plus extras for the at/mt swap from another mx-3.com member about a year ago.
here is a list of things that i can send you if you decide to purchase them

1. 5spd trans of course, it has been sitting in my dining room the entire time, and is in great shape.
2. flywheel
3. clutch (decent tread left on pads)
4. mt wire harness
5. shift linkage
6. shift arm without knob (hks aftermarket knob available free if i can located it, but its blue)
7. clutch/brake pedals (from 94 protege)
8. clutch slave cylinder

and a few other parts such as cables, hoses, tubes, and other various items relating to the at/mt swap i forgot about cus the car is sitting at a friends house as a wasted project unfortunately
the fellow i purchased the trans from told me it has approx 70-80k miles on it, and the clutch had less than 6mos of use

also, my red 93' gs is up for grabs for free, no charge with the exception of shipping or pickup, the engine cranks and runs with no serious problems, with the exception that its an auto and the installed trans is completely shot. it has new plugs, battery, black euro tails, nice set of MSR 16" racing rims (not free but will take 200 for) and good tread on the rubber, but they seem to be a bit old and should be replaced.
the body and K8 both have 92k miles on them according to odo and the body is in great shape, no, dents or dings, only needs a new coat of paint. i have the interior gutted, but all the pieces are inside and in good condition. p/locks, p/windows, p/sunroof, and cruise control all work. tach and speedo work. want any other information about the car just email me or message me on here. my email is sulken2000@yahoo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, i check it multiple times a day.

thanks ken.

btw, where do you live?

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”