intercooler on ze 5psi setup?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
kami_no_michi

intercooler on ze 5psi setup?

Post by kami_no_michi »

ok just brought my turbo kit from a guy on here :)

so basically i got the turbo/manifolds/dp/wastegate/bov and fmu

i know i still need to got a afpr and wideband.

but can i get away with stock injectors and no intercooler on this setup. or would u advise me to get them to be on the safe side.

my power goal is around the 300bhp mark.
Let them hate as long as they fear.
neli_nael

Re: intercooler on ze 5psi setup?

Post by neli_nael »

definitely need injectors, as for the inter cooler im not exactly sure but having one would be best.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I would get an intercooler. What type of wastegate do you have to regulate 5psi? That sounds pretty low. It better be a large external w/ a wussy spring.
K8Boosted

Post by K8Boosted »

Yes having an intercooler is better than not ,,, but depending on your turbo, driving conditions, and future plans.. For the time being i would say no.

I look at your situation this way spend around 300 on parts(cheap intercooler, pipes, and couplers) then routing piping.. Big Pain In the a-- and a decent amount of time

Or focus on things that really are going to make a difference.. I would start up a megasquirt setup especially if you are focusing on 300bhp... At your stage management is way more important than cooler air...
Fuel delivary is the big concern 280's with a fuel pump and managment and why not run 10 psi :)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2433610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx-3 Kl Turbo (Weekend/show car)
95 talon tsi awd (Daily Driver For Sale 6,000 or Trade for a Mx
1989 Cbr600 (StreetFighter/Stunt Bike)
1967 Winnebago Motor Home (Pimped out Party Bus a friend and I went in halfs on)
1972 gremlin X Turbo Diesel :) , 1999 VR4 Fathers Cars that i end up working on and drving alot

Return to “Forced Induction”