92 k8 only runs in diagnostic mode...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazdamx3freak

92 k8 only runs in diagnostic mode...

Post by mazdamx3freak »

well ive noticed even sence ive gotten my car it will only run in Diagnostic mode meaning TEN and GRD jumped. Whenever I remove the wire the car it stalls and wont stay running for anything. Now when in Diag mode it runs alright but really rich and keeps frying o2's and only cel is 16 EGR blocked off and yes the fans run all the time too. Ive been told it might have somthing to do with cks1 or cks2 can anyone confirm this or any ideas? thank you.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: 92 k8 only runs in diagnostic mode...

Post by V8KOMX3 »

if your fan runs all the time adjust your tps. and why is your egr blocked?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

my egr is block b/c i live in fl and there is no emmisions also your ze is the same way. And no it has nothing to do with idle or the tps . and by fans running i was refering to if u press the gas in diag. mode your fans turn on.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

ok im trying to figure this out you say your fan turns on all the time but all the time only means when you give it gas? does your fan run all the time in diag if the car is not running? was your egr always unhooked? have you tried swapping out your frp selinoid and regulator?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

im not trying to sound rude but for 1. EGR has nothing to do with your motor running or not running in cel mode. 2. If you were to put you car in cel mode with the motor running or not and opened the throttle it would turn on your coolent fan at 1200rpm, alot of pgt guys use that as a way to tell if there cel is functioning to an extent. So forget te fact i said anything about fans .... the point is if I pull the wire out from diag. box there is nothing I can do to get it working right even if i set the timing or adjust the tps to the right settings. Thats why assume it has somthing to do with the crankshaft position sensor which by my understanding could cause this problem but the problem is there are really 2 of them one inside the dizzy and one mounted near the oil pump but I need suggestion to back my theroy.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

well if your theory is one of those 2 sensors check the readings on them with a voltmeter...
that will tell you if one is bad...
seems logical to me...
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Vaccum leak (uge one)
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

no vac leaks. I have all silicone lines and new gaskets
Steve_SK

Post by Steve_SK »

mazdamx3freak wrote:my egr is block b/c i live in fl and there is no emmisions also your ze is the same way. And no it has nothing to do with idle or the tps .
It has..
MX-3 V6 1993 | Black | EU-spec | K819

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”