Alpine SPR-17C
6-1/2" 2-Way 300W Car Speakers

Alpine SWR-1542D
15" 2000W Dual 4-Ohm Subwoofer

and i am debating about 2 15's
eyezpinned

Re: AMP

Post by eyezpinned »

you have a lot of options. the first (and cheapest) would be to buy a 4 channel amp and run your left speakers in a parallel off one channel, the right speakers off the second and then bridge the last two for your sub. i've always bought pheonix gold... for the money you can't beat them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-V754-1 ... .m14.l1318" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

if you want a little more versatility you could buy two two channel amps.

i run an eclipse 8454 w/ diamond hex 5 1/4 components (no back speakers) powered by a pheonix gold octane 250 watt 2 channel and a kicker cvr 15 powered by an octane 400 watt 2 channel bridged.

whatever amp you get don't go for some crap name claiming 1000 watts. try to get a reputable name and get as close to the factory recomended power supply as you can. hope this helps.
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

your definatley gona need 2 amps, a 4 channel and a 2 channel, or mono amp, depending if your gona get another 15...you should stick to alpine if thats what you have now, they have some pretty decent amps for not bad price..pheonix gold is great but a lil more expensive...you could always get something a lil bigger like a planet audio or something thats rated for high current that you can load down with lots of speakers..im no pro but i kno youve got enough speakers requiring enough power that one amp probably just isnt enough..i think we have similar decks, mine doesnt have the usb tho
ImageImageImageImage
Saku

Post by Saku »

Thanks alot i haven't gotten anything yet but i'm looking into it... should i do the interior first then the outside or the outside in
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

all depends..what looks worse?
ImageImageImageImage
Saku

Post by Saku »

well its like both are they same not too bad but i have to work on the oil leak first.. :welder: haha but yeah

i was thinking about switching it from left to right

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”