Starting Problem.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

Starting Problem.

Post by JeremyP »

Hey guys, i have a 94 rs with BP swap from 93 scort gt...i have had this problem since i got the car and no matter what i do i cant figure out whats going on!..this is something that has been happening to me daily...some days it wont to it..other days its pretty bad...anyways...warm or cold..when i put my key in to start it nothing will happen..pushing in the clutch and releasing it a few times...i can hear like a clicking under the leftside of the dash ( passenger side)...after a few times on and off the clutch it will fineally fire up..i have replaced the starter and the alternator within the last year, so im baffeled..anything really would help at this point...im thinking maybe some wires are crossed...cuz everytime i start it now..and i mean everytime....the rear wiper will go through a cycle as soon as it fires up!?!..talk about odd eh!..thanks again guys!

Jeremyp
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
Savin

Re: Starting Problem.

Post by Savin »

It could be your ignition switch. I have the same problem( but I know mine is the ignition switch). When turning the key, does the key cyclinder get hot? I'm thinking that could be a sign. Also, do you have to turn the key multiple times to get it to finally start(turn over)?

Eh, that's all I know...

If it is your ignition switch, buy one from a member here or somewhere, they're like $180 new....
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

no i dont have to turn the key multiple times..just pressing the clutch in and out..then it starts..would the ignition switch be the same on a v6?..and it would be located within the steering column?..had a parts car..so i may have one laying around somewhere...thanks..ill give it a try and let you know.
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

If you get it going by pushing the clutch in and out a bunch, check
the clutch safety switch before doing anything that costs alot
of money.
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

already tried that a little while ago, didnt change anything. :(
Ashton Janzen

Post by Ashton Janzen »

I had the same problem with my car. i did some reading and asked around and found out the a few of my fuses where not properly in or they where blown. check that out.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”