Hard to Shift

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
cabriolet

Hard to Shift

Post by cabriolet »

Does means that my clutch is almost gone?
It seems to happen during the daytime when its really freakin hot now
And my clutch release point is really low, from the previous guy that set it before
Sometimes when I press all the way down and put it in gear I can feel that the car vibrates
Is it time for new clutch?
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Hard to Shift

Post by fowljesse »

Mine did that. The slave cylinder went out. I had it replaced, but not the master, even though it's highly recommended that you change both. It was about 3 years ago, and I haven't had any problems since. Check your fluid level often. I think you can put in a bigger 626 cyl in there.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cabriolet

Re: Hard to Shift

Post by cabriolet »

Ya, at night when the weather is cooled its fine
Last couple days, I gotta be like pushing it so hard for it to get in 1st gear

Although it might be, cause I remember b4 it did this I was playing around and dropping the clutch while I was in 2nd or 3rd

I remember too when a clutch is almost to the end, its hard to shift and at the very very it doesn't grab on to gear at all and the rev goes crazy, had that happen to me once and I was like 40km from home not much fun.
-------------------------------------------------------
* White 92 MX3 GS * +bone stock K8+ NGK Iridium Plugs + 10.2mm Iridium wires + RAZO shift knob + 8000K HID kit + grant steering wheel [wtb] white fenders

Return to “Transmissions”