[GI/WTT] GS for 40 MPG car

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

[GI/WTT] GS for 40 MPG car

Post by fowljesse »

I have a nice GS that I'm thinking about trading for a car that gets at least 40 MPG. I don't really want to, but with gas prices as they are, and commuting, I don't have much of a choice :( If 1 of you has a nice Metro, or something, I'd rather my car stay in the community. I can put up pics in a few days.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Volones

Re: [GI/WTT] GS for 40 MPG car

Post by Volones »

I'm getting almost 40mpg with my stock RS. If you wanted to change the diff. in your transfer case to a lower final drive ratio, you could probably get around 40mpg in your car.

Vol
Current Hypermiler, future EcoModder.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

no your not going to get 40mpg out of a k8 lol...
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah. I would trade for a nice RS. I could push about 25% better mileage out of a car, so if I start with one that gets, say 42 mpg, it would make a difference from one that gets 38 (which is what I estimate for a stock RS). But, I would prefer another MX-3.
That is a great idea, though. If I can't get a good trade, I'll modify the GS to get about 44 (with aero and other mods), and still have some zoom-zoom.
I got a 3/4 ton Chevy van from about 16 mpg to about 22.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Get a Z5 engine out of a protege -or if you are feeling a bit "happy"- get the z5 protege itself - that will probably squeeze a bit more mpgs.....
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm done wrenching for a while..... I'll look into the Z5 Protege, though.
Thanks
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I wish you would have posted this sooner, I just sold my 97 aspire (5 speed 3 door) that got 40+ mpg highway... I'd trade you my RS, if we were closer.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Lame. I was looking at an Aspire. Oh well. How much did it go for?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

IMO ford aspire/festiva is not so good for MPG - they do have a small engine - but somehow they dont get good mileage....

If mileage is a huge concern and you can tolerate hondas then get an old honda civic vx (OHC 1.5L VTEC-E) - i think the EPA estimate is something like 47 city and 56 highway.

Or a geo metro XFi (1.0 L)- 53 city/58 highway
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

there's always gettin a bike too.

A lot of them get around 40 - 50 mpg.
Then there's also a bike bike...a bicycle. They save a LOT of gas! :D
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

94drumx3 wrote:They save a LOT of gas! :D
You can probably make a gas powered bicycle - but you will have to eat a lot of beans though :D
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

nicely put! lol! beans beans soup soup

actually beleive it or not they have these dinky lil weedeater motors that set on the back tire now that act as a gasOLINE powered bike.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Yep 140 MPG - http://www.bikemotor.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Or you can put a electric motor and save even more gas....
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

I would love to see a bicycle on the HWY flying past cars with ease..... dreams FTW
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:If mileage is a huge concern and you can tolerate hondas then get an old honda civic vx (OHC 1.5L VTEC-E) - i think the EPA estimate is something like 47 city and 56 highway.
my girlfriend's dad has one of these hondas and yeah it gets like 50 mpg average...

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”