mx-3 rough idle

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
littlebirdie121

mx-3 rough idle

Post by littlebirdie121 »

hi,
i have just bought a mx-3 1996 model that has developed a rather rough and low idle,so low that it has been stalling when stationary.
I have taken it to a mazda dealer and there are no computer issues and a diagnostics machine didnt find anything.They had the car for a week and are still unsure.
They have said that it could be the fuel filter,air filter or distributer but would need to buy each part to be able to test these parts.
I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem or has heard word of any problems that the eunos is known for relating to this issue.
Any feed back or ideas would be great.
Thanks
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: mx-3 rough idle

Post by V8KOMX3 »

have them adjust the TPS sensor and check for vaccum leaks. also have them check your air idle screw to see if it is properly adjusted. Rough idle happens alot to our cars but there are alot of causes for it.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Dia

Post by Dia »

My mx3 did the same thing, check out the EGR selenoid and valve...
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

when i baught my 94 GS, right away i knew with the car having 240K on it it needed a new fuel filter,,filter is about 30-40 bucks,not sure cus i get parts for dealer cost, an air filter u can get a cheap cone style one for like 25 bucks if your not picky..but ill admit after ive replaced quite a few parts since getting mine, it still has a wierd idle aswell,, about the only thing i havent replaced is my distrubutor, and i would also imagine if your car is like mine and has a few miles on it, getting the TPS adjusted definatley wont hurt,
ImageImageImageImage
Dia

Post by Dia »

egr....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”