Coolant in oil

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
spiderpig17

Coolant in oil

Post by spiderpig17 »

:crying: I noticed today my oil on the dipstick was runny and slighty green. So I "hope" its just the head gasket, but I need to get the head checked now right? How would you know if the blocks cracked? This car has been running bad since day one, and Im almost at wits end, please help? How much to get ahead checked? How much do the K8 head gaskets cost? I really shoulda got a KL but I dont have any money for that yet.
{FS}93 GS K8 5speed 217,000+ miles, gutted rear seats, factory alloys, BF Goodrich Traction TA, Z01 paint code WR SW Intake
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Re: Coolant in oil

Post by Mnemonic »

time for a rebuild :) if you have the money for that you have the money for a kl swap
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
spiderpig17

Post by spiderpig17 »

I have like no money :crying: Plus the car aint perfect even with a new motor. Im lost right now and most likely gonna 86 myself later dudes
{FS}93 GS K8 5speed 217,000+ miles, gutted rear seats, factory alloys, BF Goodrich Traction TA, Z01 paint code WR SW Intake
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Lame, dude!
Maybe there's someone here that has an extra K8 they would give you, but unless they're close, the cheapest thing to do would be get a DE from the junkyard.
Good luck!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
spiderpig17

Post by spiderpig17 »

Thanks Jesse, Im not gonna really do nothing crazy, but this really does suck. Everything that was cool about my last MX3, a 95 RS model, is a-- backwards with this one,lol. Hopefully I can resolve this problem quickly as I do start work next week. I had no idea about the cars history before buying it as it was at auction. I shoulda knew better then buy an expensive to fix up car. Ive had 3 different Mazdas now and this one is by far the most costly to repair. Im really at a lost as I just ordered a TON of parts for this motor with help from my mom and brother. I tryed telling them it needed a new motor hopefully a KL, but they couldnt afford the $ 700 to $ 1000 those motors were going for. I REALLY dont know what to do. I have a good mechanic who does do the work cheap, but the head gasket set I saw on one site was $275, and the motor still would need work after that! Im really lost right now and my FAVORITE thing to do is cruise around this time of year, and now I cant, this sucks.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

i still have my K8 from my swap - all the parts on the engine are good - its unfortunate that i am in texas - but if you need a head gasket and all that - maybe we can work something out :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey just for the interm why don't you add two containers of rad stop leak. This may at least get you by for a few weeks until your can work this out or am I out to lunch on this one. Has anyone ever heard of a block cracking on these?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
spiderpig17

Post by spiderpig17 »

Id rather not since Ive heard HORROR stories bout stop gap solutions. I need it fixed but I start work next week so I have a weekend yet. But I gotta get these parts and its kinda hard around this area. I really dont wanna give up so any help is great. I will consider every option. Im not a good mechanic at all and only have a knowledge of these cars really. Even if the head gaskets the only concern here, the car has LOTS of problems else where and Im kinda stuck in LA LA land right now, UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! :freak:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm i remember in the cooler days my ze'd engine dipstick was wet but it was just condensation. Is this like when the car is warm or cold start?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Try putting up a "[WTB] K8" Maybe someone near you can give you a great deal, and your mechanic would swap it. But really, check the junkyards for a lower mileage DE.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
spiderpig17

Post by spiderpig17 »

thank you guys for the help, I checked my stick again and it looked more like just oil, but then I let her run for a few mins, and I saw a little bit of white smoke, and smelled it,ughhh, but it smelled somewhat sweet. So Ive thought about it and Im gonna KEEP her and most likely try and fix what I have.
exile84

Post by exile84 »

I also have an extra k8. Pretty sure the head on it is good. also unfortunate i am in illinois, a little bit closer, but no cigar. let me know if i can help.
1992 Mx-3 GS. ATX to MTX swap. Integra short throw shifter, and CAI. HEI mod. Accell Canister. 3A racing muffler. Straight pipe.
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”