kl36 ecu???'s

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slinkymx3

kl36 ecu???'s

Post by slinkymx3 »

ok i was comtimplating why there was a kl36 ecu put in my mx3 but realized it was because the ze that was swapped...now turboed..(no egr no cat) and i want to go faster then 115!...so i should get a chipped kl31 ecu? anyone know what they cost? and are the 31's the same ecu in a 2nd gen probe gt? will it work in my..mx3? so the bottom line is i dont want a constant cel light on (doesnt matter no emissions here) and what to go faster then 115mph...help please!!!!!!!!!!-thanks,kevin

edit..bad day..i dont remember all the kl numbers...excuse me if a kl31 is supposed to be kl01,kl07,kl50 or w/e....also if i go back to a chipped ecu should i change out my je50 vaf???
93 mx-3, hybrid de/ze-turbo P&P'd ZE heads,9.2:1 CR,garrett t3 57trim .60/.63,HKS SSQV bov, turbo xs 38mmW/G,24in downpipe,sts,13lbfw,sleeper FMIC,65mm TB,Walbro 255lph FP,F&R strut bars, ngk plugs/wires
p/s,a/c,cruise,vris delete..all go from here
solo_ryder

Re: kl36 ecu???'s

Post by solo_ryder »

First off your a fool for wanting to go faster then 115mph, there is a reason there is a speed limiter on the kl31 ecu and why there are speed limits on the roads. Anyways, if you searched the boards you would see there is a way to get rid of the speed limiter by cutting a wire, but seeing as you wanna go over 115mph all the time you may not live long enough to use the search function.

As for the chipping, you can chip a 93 probe or mx6 ecu (kl01, kl07 etc) get a hold of those ecus and then get a chip for the klze with a je50 VAF. That will get rid of the speed limiter and get rid of any codes related to the EGR, having no cat has nothing to do with it. Chips are about 60$ installed

*edit* - I can barely understand your post either, please fix it up so it is competent to read.
melb30x

Post by melb30x »

I agree..leave speed limiters to do their work - it's the acceleration of the car that really counts in my opinion.
Last time i heard (and this was posted on the m5 forums) some guy was trying to find out how to get rid of the limiter on his bmw m5...few hours later the news showed a m5 cut in half by a tree no survivors (5 people) a few km's away from the guys location.
he hasn't been on the forums since.
think before you speed on the streets - you don't only have your life to account for.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

speeding is bad, but fyi its just a blue cable that you cut and the speedlimiter is gone... but why would you want to go that fast? to impress civics? I love going to the track and doing that there instead :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

melb30x wrote:think before you speed on the streets - you don't only have your life to account for.
this is true, any time you drive that fast everything comes into play and your reaction time will never be fast enough to stop/react in time to a situation at those speeds. Not only do you endanger your life but the life of anyone driving near you.

I used to drive very fast so I'm not trying to make a hypocritical statement here. I have since slowed down and I try my best to stay at the speed limit. Everyone has a weakness and if you know yours is speeding... keep the speed limiter in there - it may save your life or someone elses :?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”