Weeeaaak dollar.

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Weeeaaak dollar.

Post by fowljesse »

I just looked @ my statement, and i bought something from Brittain for $30. It was an okay deal... a little less than Ebay. I wanted the $$ to go to a fellow mx3.com'er, but it was TWICE what I thought it would be.. I know the dollar is weak, but LESS than 1/2 the pound?! I want to kick a bush in the nuts!!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Weeeaaak dollar.

Post by fowljesse »

P.S. after shipping, the seller didn't get such a good deal, either!
That Motherfather dirty basket son of a bench who ruined the economy can suck my desk.
It's Bullchip. He can kiss my Ash.
ANYbody new in the White house FTW!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

I know it's really low, but hasn't it always been half the pound?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That's a pretty steady decline since 2001. Hmmmm worst president in history?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

PPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT

I remember the Canadian dollar being around 0.7 USD. Justs be happy.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

fowljesse wrote:I just looked @ my statement, and i bought something from Brittain for $30. It was an okay deal... a little less than Ebay. I wanted the $$ to go to a fellow mx3.com'er, but it was TWICE what I thought it would be.. I know the dollar is weak, but LESS than 1/2 the pound?!
lol international parts amateur 8)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Haha! :oops:

Yeah.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

I'm Lovin' It :lol:
I only wish I could buy your petrol (costs $2.18 a litre here!)
Going to Florida/NYC this june, can't wait, everythings half price :D
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
simon179

Post by simon179 »

it isnt just the dollar that is suffering tho it could be alot worse the pounds value has dropped alot too the euro is getting way up on the pound now! its quite disapointing really we get are arse sleppe on taxes for everything on most cases they tax the tax here

say for instance petrol or food, drink

we get charged on petrol fuel tax and then VAT

food, drink the farmers and the stores like tesco get charged tax for selling them which ups the price as they have to make more profit and then we get charged vat on that too!

they tax you on what you earn and everything you buy its silly!

like now if you earn under £18,000 a year you will be taxed at the same rate as someone who earned over that amount which it never used to be it used to be 10p form every £1 meaning alot of people will be upto £473 a year worse off! and considering the minimum wage for uk is somthing like £9700 a year thats an extra 5% ontop of the 22% they already take off our wages and tehn 17.5% of everything we buy so all in all almost 40% of british peoples wages go to the goverment and they waste it on s--- like the 2012 olympics which isnt going to benifit the people of the country that £12billion they are spending on the olympics could have gone on things we need like better NHS, Cancer research and other such research! better roads would be nice too!

sorry about my rant haha :lol: its just really annoying being brittish so i can imagine how Americans feel when you see the rate that your currencys value is falling!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

economists say that gas will hit $2.25/L in the next few years in Alberta. I can't imagine what it'll cost in the UK if it hits that here.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
simon179

Post by simon179 »

wytbishop wrote:economists say that gas will hit $2.25/L in the next few years in Alberta. I can't imagine what it'll cost in the UK if it hits that here.
they say that by the end of the summer in the uk fuel prices will be at £1.50 a litre for petrol and £1.70 for diesel :evil:
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

$1.24/L CAD here. My mother tells me back in her day it was 20 cents.... No wonder people could drive huge 500hp V8's and fill the 80L tank every 100 km....
and I hear Britian is very expensive, which is sad, because I was thinking of moving there eventually...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

wytbishop wrote:That's a pretty steady decline since 2001. Hmmmm worst president in history?

My latest masterpiece!!!!!!

Return to “Off-Topic”