klde money ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
bp_turbo94

klde money ?

Post by bp_turbo94 »

im bout to go get a klde and i want to rebuild , but i want to see about how much the klze and the klde guys actally spent on there engines im trying to c just about much money it takes to rebuild an engine , so if you dont mind me asking. im want to at least make 13s on the 1/4 mile.
solo_ryder

Re: klde money ?

Post by solo_ryder »

Better off getting a ZE, if you wanna run 13's with a KLDE then you are gonna spend alot of cash.

Straight neck ZE + MSnS + bolt ons + Slicks = 13's EASY
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

but im going turbo , and the valves on the ze r weaker then the de
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

If your going to rebuild it then whats the issue. Upgrade the valvetrain.

You got to ask yourself a couple questions. What do you wont from your motor. Daily driver, track/dialy driver/ or just track use only. What power goals do you have? How much boost do you want to run, and so on.

If your planing on gutting the motor anyways then buy a DE and rebuild it to what you want.

Search the forum man there is so much info on motor builds. Even a couple inexpensive parts that can be used for internals. Just look.
bp_turbo94

Post by bp_turbo94 »

i wasnt asking how to rebuild a motor, i was asking about how much some of the " fast kldes and klze" guys spent on there motor.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Then post on probetalk, you will get better advice there for this type of question
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

bp_turbo94 wrote:i wasnt asking how to rebuild a motor, i was asking about how much some of the " fast kldes and klze" guys spent on there motor.
I was implying that if you searched you could find many people have posted what they have used for parts in thier build that would give you an idea on price. Also there are a couple options you could go that would save you some $$$ If your were doing a full build that could but down 300+ hp.

If you can't find it here then do what Solo said.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”