HELP!!

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
DEL 50L

HELP!!

Post by DEL 50L »

Hi, I have a problem, My friend has gone to fight in Iraq and asked me to keep his 1995 MX3 running for him, and also get new tyres for it.
My question comes in 2 parts:

1. The tyres fitted are 205/55/15's but after reading your forum then I aint sure if they are the right size.

2. His wheels are a bit worn and pitted so I thought I would find new wheels as well as tyres for him, I have been offered imprezza wheels with tires for £120.00 and was told they would fit.....is this right? if not.....any idea which other make of car wheels fit the MX3?

It is debadged so I am guessing it is a MX3 V6 1.8i (I am sure thats what he told me).....I have been driving it to work every other day to keep it running and am really surprised how much I like it :D
I am an avid Honda Del Sol owner (hence the login name) and thought nothing would sway me from the Sol but.....well.........the MX3 is a hell or a car for the money........almost bought one 12 months ago for £310.00.....wish I had now :wink:

DEL 50L

P.S it also has started cutting out at junctions.......I susspect air is getting in the vaccum somehow...but just a guess.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: HELP!!

Post by V8KOMX3 »

205/55/15 is the stock tire size.
Not sure about the imprezza rims but our bolt pattern is 4/100 or something like that
If it has the stock airbox setup then most likely if u have a vacume leak it will be in the accordian style intake hose, use some wd40, water or something similar to find it then use tape or make a cold air intake using a 90-93 integra cold air intake which u can get on ebay 4 cheap and it only takes some minor modding.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”