[GI] Custom AC mounted supercharger setup - Almost complete!

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
solo_ryder

[GI] Custom AC mounted supercharger setup - Almost complete!

Post by solo_ryder »

Hello folks! I know some of you were proly wondering what my big project was, some of you knew, some had ideas. Here it is...

Well this was something I have ALWAYS wanted to do since I got a MX3, unfortunately I am about to run on some financial troubles and my family is moving so I need to prepare for that! I want to get ahead so, I am gauging interest for this kit :cry: There is some fab work involved but let me tell you this setup is 100% possible. For those of you that say it can't be done you can all shove it, until you have the charger in your hands and place it into the bay and see that it fits then you have nothing to say so please do not talk smack on my thread.

FYI : NO PARTING OUT

For the application I am using a custom Eaton M45 roots style supercharger that displaces 45cu ins/rev or 750cc. According to my calculations and research (TONS) this will be enough to run efficiently up to 8-9psi of boost on a 2.5L motor and more on the 1.8L. Even though the charger is capable to make MUCH higher boost the efficiency range for my application will peak at 9psi. On a ZE at 6psi of boost and good tuning (with the MSNS) you can easily make 250whp. There are a few probes on PT that are running a AC mounted kit and one probe I saw was running a M45 with no issues, and he actually sold the kit for just under 2 grand. This kit will make full boost at roughly 2300 RPM and hold boost past red line :)

This is what is included with the kit:

1 - REBUILT Eaton M45 supercharger from a Mercerdes CLK230 Kompressor with 0 miles on it since rebuild
1 - Never used Megasquirt 'n spark MSII v2.2 - Economy model (handles fuel, spark, etc) with USB to DB9 connector as well
1 - New in box Walbro 255LPH fuel pump
1 - New in box 28x7x2.5 Bar and Plate FMIC with a generic 2.5" aluminum pipe kit with nylon couplers and t-clamps, you may need to get a few more pipes to make the kit fully functional. No big deal.
6 - Millenia S injectors 280cc in a fuel rail - Was on Hectors turbo'd ZE so they work
1 - Slightly used (by me) AEM UEGO Wideband 02 sensor with gauge and all the parts
1 - Slightly used (by me) Autometer Lunar boost gauge MINT
1 - New in box Cosmo racing AFPR - silver color
1 - New in box eBay Type S BOV
6 - New in box NGK V-power BKR6E-11 one step colder plugs for the boost

The only things you need to make this kit to work are the following:

- A custom bracket for the charger (VERY easy, I have pictures of this) :welder:
- Time/fabing to make the pipes work. :welder:
- Make a inlet plate for the SC (I have one, but its kinda ghetto! I will ship with charger so you know what to make)
- You would need a Overdrive pulley or a smaller SC pulley to make more boost (They are on eBay) 2.25" pulley should yeild 7-8psi off SC (about 6psi to TB because of FMIC pressure loss)
- You need to purchase a MBX oil relocation kit (I have one on my car but I am not going to take it off! (165 shipped) :mrgreen:

THIS IS BY NO MEANS A BOLT ON KIT - but for a mx3 enthusiast this is very possible with abit of elbow grease and imagination. It is a project, but a good stable one. My asking price is $1750 - PLUS SHIPPING

Here are some kits that were on PT just so you can compare pricing. These kits are abit cheaper, but not near as complete as mine or with new parts. First kit is a Aldorin shafted kit, it only came with the SC and the brackets/harware/shaft and some other peices, no tuning tools or intercooler with this setup that for sale for 1200$:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread. ... percharger

Here is a AC mounted kit for a good price, you get the SC, bracket, inlet and outlet pipes (bad fab work) for 550 shipped. This comes with no msns, no injectors, no fpr, no intercooler etc:

m62 for 600 bucks? haha:

I am somewhat flexible on the price and if you are going to comment on this please make the comments positive, I do not want haters on this thread. These parts took me alot of time to gather with careful consideration so I would appreciate some respect for this time, research and money I have put into this project.

Here are some pics:

The eaton unit:
The teflon rotors, look at how clean this is:

MSNS v2.2, the charger and some millenia injectors:

Gauges at night:

eBay BOV:

Walbro 255:

AFPR:

FMIC and pipes:

NO PARTING OUT
Serious inquiries only!

Feel free to comment if you want.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: [GI] Custom AC mounted supercharger setup - Almost complete!

Post by Kirk95gs »

So close Jordan but yet so far away.... If I had the money I would have this in a second!!! Great price almost everything you need. I wish you could have got it on the car to try it out. All the work and research and your selling it.

I will talk to the wife and see if she will let me put it on the card.......... (I know what the answer is already). :crying:
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I can't belive this is not getting any replys.. This is almost everything you need to get going. He did 95% work! You could not make this kit yourself for $1750. This is by far the best way to run a s/c on a mx-3. No reliabily issues with a transfer shaft bearings. If anyone has done any type of research on s/c knows what this kit is worth.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I think it's awesome! I just can't afford it right now. I'm sure there will be alot of response when there's pictures of it in use, and dyno results!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

BUMP

for an awesome KIT!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
se7en

Post by se7en »

gawd, If I had the money, this would be a quick way to get supercharged! You covered all the bases....

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

SOMOF A B man If I only had my card payed down a lil more I would snatch this up. I been researching this 4 a while as well and this is most of everything I wanted and needed:) 4 those looking you cannot beat this price so if u wanna s/c get this you won't be unhappy. Good luck buddy. If I can run into some cash I will def buy it
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Don't let Mooneggs see this post! shh... I might have a taker out here in Langley BC, but he's not getting back to me just yet
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

solo_ryder wrote:Don't let Mooneggs see this post! shh... I might have a taker out here in Langley BC, but he's not getting back to me just yet
BUT WHY??? it's not like I have any money either - sheesh I just moved :roll:

:?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sad to say..

But sale pending, will most likely be sold tomorrow.. To bad it aint going in a mx3
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That was like dangling a carrot in front of a starving a--.
:cry:
I'm sure you'd give someone a how-to if they got their ducks together to do this.
I wish you could put it in your car, and post results.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I know me too... I am still kinda pissed off, at least I got to keep my wb02 so that just incase I do boost one day... My car is not as important as it used to be to me, I have to focus on other aspects in my life abit more! Maybe one day when I can make some good money.. bah I am not sure ATM.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

solo_ryder wrote:I know me too... I am still kinda pissed off, at least I got to keep my wb02 so that just incase I do boost one day... My car is not as important as it used to be to me, I have to focus on other aspects in my life abit more! Maybe one day when I can make some good money.. bah I am not sure ATM.
Yeah man I hear ya.. car thats worth $3000 vs Family,$100,000.00 House and upkeep, renos, $35,000 SUV,....

Would be nice to dump the money in an old mx but... for every $5000 I put into it it seems to yield $500 LOL...

Lots of :lol: Though!!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sold :(
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Whats the pink book that says f--- This book ??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”