iPod Touch in Center Console

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Jovian2k
Supporting Member

iPod Touch in Center Console

Post by Jovian2k »

Well as like most of you, when I smoke in my car (cigs or other substances) I usually just ash on the floor or passenger seat. So Why do you need the ash tray???
Just Kidding, I do not smoke. But I have found a nice use for my ash tray... an iPod Touch holder! Thats right!
So I just got an 8g iPod touch and I love it, it is really neat with its wifi and safari browsing, not to mention its great use as an mp3 player. It is the first thing from apple which I actually like. It also has a position sensor to know which way you are holding it: vertical or horizontal. While you dont have every option in this orientation, you do get the cool album artwork scroll screen where you can easily choose an album and click to see all the songs. Well in the horizontal position, it fits right in the ash tray (open).
The top lid stabilizes it and the "push" button keeps it anchored pretty well. With some fiddling, you can get it to tightly fit in so that it will not slide or move if you happen to make a hard turn.
I have a pioneer 7500mp head unit and I got the iPod cable so I can play/charge it. I ran it behind my center console so it sneaks up into my ash tray compartment and sits right there.
It also has google maps on the home page so while it isn't connected to internet all the time like iPhone, I can upload the directions and have it sit there and play music and refer to the directions when I need to. If I need to update the directions, I can just try and steal some unsecured wifi in a residential area or gas station (worked once!).
1993 BlacknBronz RS BP-T/ MTX Swapped!
Worklog
For Sale Thread
Savin

Re: iPod Touch in Center Console

Post by Savin »

That's a pretty awsome finding. I was tempted to buy an Ipod, but then i realized it probably won't be the same for the 94+.

Anyway, its sweetness that you noticed that!
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
MoMx-3
antispam: No

Post by MoMx-3 »

great idea
Stock 93 GS let the upgrading begin
Deax_9
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Deax_9 »

I gotta try that :)
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Revived =p I remember this thread too, I actually tried this. I cut a small hole in my center console(under armrest) for my iPod cord though, and I use an old Mini with a bad battery now ;D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Sisko182
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sisko182 »

Wow I saw this thread last month, but didn't realize all but 1 (now 2) comment(s) are super old. Revived for sure...
$i$Ko

Ride:
1992 Midnight Purple MX-3
Worklog:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75646

Feedback
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=76781

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”