My Custom Spoiler

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Lookwuticando

My Custom Spoiler

Post by Lookwuticando »

Ok, this is my own work I did a while back....made it out of a super style, basically lowered it by a few inches. Let me know what you think:

Image[/img]Image

Image[/img]Image
92 MX-3 RS
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: My Custom Spoiler

Post by fowljesse »

Nice work!
That looks good. Much better than it being higher. It follows the style of the car.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Not bad, definitely better then the norm supra spoiler
TREVO123

Post by TREVO123 »

Very nice, Flows very good!
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

It looks good, not really that much different, but I'm biased towards it, I have it myself

FYI, there's 3 different types of Supra spoilers for the Mx-3, there's that one, which is probably the one I got, and there's one even taller than that one, and I've seen one that actually sits higher than the roofline, so it depends on which you're comparing to.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

that looks great! how much work was it to cut it down?
'94 GS-DE
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

Well, here's what it started off as:

That's not mine but it was identical to that one. I really might've liked a little lower, but that's as much as I could take off
before it gets too narrow and won't fit, so...guess you might call it a "mid-high" spoiler now.

The whole thing was I got this from Ebay cheap and it ended up being way taller than I expected....so I was just gonna see what I could do with it as an experiment.

I'm not gonna lie it was a lot of work, for me at least...precise measuring, cutting, reglassing, bondoing, smoothing....many times over....not easy making new bottoms on each side. Well, I'm not a pro bodyman so it took a little while.
92 MX-3 RS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

You know what, I think you got the mid one. Looking at your mod, it sits very close to what mine does.

I feel like posting pics of my car (I miss her :()
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

That could be right...I know it was like 13 from floor to top surface in the middle now it's around 9.

Slick car you had there, can't say I've seen those rear muds before

Ok here's a pic of what it REALLY looked like before, this is the actual one I modified:

And here's a pic of how the bozo wrapped it to send to me, form-fitting mummy style....

Image[/img]Image
92 MX-3 RS
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Lookwuticando wrote:Slick car you had there, can't say I've seen those rear muds before
they are from a miata and nice work on the spoiler... I'm not usually a fan of those tall supra style spoilers but they look ok on your's and mike's cars! good job!
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

Thanks I appreciate it. BTW, if anyone might like to have it, I think I decided I might be up for selling it. Kinda had my eye on a PosterT style anyway, so...Check out the FS section....thanks
92 MX-3 RS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Lookwuticando wrote:Ok here's a pic of what it REALLY looked like before, this is the actual one I modified:

Hmm, I think I may have the picture of the car that that wing was originally on in my desktop.

Return to “Appearance”