I need some advice here

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Matt

I need some advice here

Post by Matt »

I am rebuilding a KLZE, havnt started yet in the research stage. I will be putting a turbo on for 15-20psi. Im also wondering the possibility about nitrous. I am trying to research that but am coming up somewhat unsuccessful. Im thinking 100shot. LMK if anyone has any advice / expertise in this area.
neli_nael

Re: I need some advice here

Post by neli_nael »

Matt wrote:I am rebuilding a KLZE, havnt started yet in the research stage. I will be putting a turbo on for 15-20psi. Im also wondering the possibility about nitrous. I am trying to research that but am coming up somewhat unsuccessful. Im thinking 100shot. LMK if anyone has any advice / expertise in this area.
i haven't seen a ze with that much boost, and your planning on no2 also? i've only seen de's boosted that high.
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
Matt

Post by Matt »

oh I forgot to say im unsure about ZE or DE depending on boost level. but im more interested in Nitrous aspect of it.
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Do you HAVE a ZE or buying one to rebuild?

It is kind of pointless to buy one to rebuild for a turbo since the pistons will be getting replaced anyways. IMO it is alot more efficient to use a DE block and maybe just get a set of ZE heads but use a DE valve train since the ZE retainers have some reliability issues. You can always order higher compression pistons (if that is what you are aiming for) for which ever motor you are going to use since they are the same block/crank anyways.

As far as the compression, if you are going to be over 10:1 CPR makes sure you get a GOOD tune. It has been hashed over the dangers of boosting a high compression engine, the fact is, you get way more HP out of the Higher CPR, but it needs a MUCH finer tuning.

As for the N2O, just make sure you are running a bigger than stock fuel pump and since you want to boost you will need to anyways. Keep your Air/Fuel a little on the rich side to make sure there is enough especially at WOT when it is releasing the N20.

If you are going to just do N2O and not the boost, with 100 shot I would still go a Walbro 255, if you go higher than 100 (I had a 125 Zex system on my DE with a Walbro 255 and it was great) I would also go with bigger injectors. Also, Outlaw Spacers are a nice bonus for any boosted/N2O build IMO.

Just as a side note, this is post number 69 for me!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

15-20 psi is usualy gonna require you to drop the compression most do it to around 8.5. I recommened it especially if u wanna run NO2. If your gonna stay high compression your gonna need some excellent tuning or the motor is gonna explode all over the pavement :crying: ... Also gonna need fuel and spark upgrade, Many options there and a fuel pump is gonna be a must walbro 255lph is what eveyrone uses. Also look into upgraded injectors I think nissan blue tops or red I cant remember. Fuel pressure regulator ect ect
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE

Return to “Forced Induction”