Anyone have some helpful info ?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
markm

Anyone have some helpful info ?

Post by markm »

Hey my name is mark, i just bought a 1993 mazda mx-3 precidia, i found this site when i was searching info on how to remove the stock radio. This site is very informative and i would like some information help of some problems i am having with my car. When it is in drive and reverse it idles very low and the car starts to shake. Not alot but a little. And it struggles to star untill i give it some gas, so i think it might be the fuel filter or started. So if anyone has some helpful info it would be much appreciated. It is a 1.6 L 4 cylinder automatic.

Thanks

Mark
mx3autozam

Re: Anyone have some helpful info ?

Post by mx3autozam »

the shake could be many things man. does it only do it when accelerating or what? Could be stuff like worn balljoints/tie rods or anything related to the suspension and steering. How badly worn are the tires and maybe there not balanced??
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
markm

Post by markm »

the tires are not worn at all, it does not do it when i accelerate, the revs sit low around 600 rpm, some times it does it and some time it doesn't. So im pretty confused about it.
lowridah313

Post by lowridah313 »

Is the car an automatic? Sometimes when they get older, and they havent been serviced, they tend to cause a vibration.
Representin' the THRE3:TH1RT3EN
'02 Nissan Xterra SE, atx, 4x4, 32's
'92 Geo Tracker atx, 4x4
Feedback http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 54&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

could b something as simple as a TPS adjustment. that always fixes the dips my car makes at idle.
if you post a question in the 4cyl technical forum it may b of better use tho
AKA Deimos

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”