Has anybody tried the Synapse Synchronic BOV?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
tehbrookzorz

Has anybody tried the Synapse Synchronic BOV?

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I've done a bit of rooting around on different websites but I'm curious if any of the KL-turbo guys have used this unit. It looks to be promising but I don't want to throw $200+ at part of my project if its not going to do the job right. Let me know guys!
Cody
mazdax3speed

Re: Has anybody tried the Synapse Synchronic BOV?

Post by mazdax3speed »

by far the best BOV on the market
it might not sound as 'cool'
but it will NOT leak under like 100+psi or something rediculous
and has the fastest opening time (i.e. less/no compressor surge)

and then there's their wastegates.....
probably one of my favorite companies out right now

$200 is completely reasonable compared to the HKS's and Greddy's, not to mention other more expensive companies like SARD

do not buy ebay BOV's....i own a knock-off TurboXS RFL....i hate it....you can hear the surge whenever you let off slowly, plus im sure since its a pull type with a soft spring it has to leak alittle under full boost
Orange 95' BPT GT28r, MSII on the way
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

an amazing company, im trying to get my hands on one of there rrfpr.
its adjustable from 1:1 - 12:1 rising rate and also you can adjust the static fuel pressure.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

So the Synapse fpr is ideal for KL-Turbo with MSnS? If you find a good deal let me know.
Cody
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

http://www.imageinmotion.com/synapsesyn ... torfpr.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These guys should be right next door to you.
slinkymx3

Post by slinkymx3 »

HKS SSQV the best BOV out there the new redesigned super squential blow off valve sounds amazing and will not leak under any boost seeing how it is a dual pull type bov. slowboyracing dot com get the flanges from ebay...well worth it
93 mx-3, hybrid de/ze-turbo P&P'd ZE heads,9.2:1 CR,garrett t3 57trim .60/.63,HKS SSQV bov, turbo xs 38mmW/G,24in downpipe,sts,13lbfw,sleeper FMIC,65mm TB,Walbro 255lph FP,F&R strut bars, ngk plugs/wires
p/s,a/c,cruise,vris delete..all go from here
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

HKS is pretty good. The SSQV is not their high end tho.

Synapse is the best on the market. No rubber seals. Nothing to fail and fastest operation out there. I whish I had known that b4 I got my blitz.
slinkymx3

Post by slinkymx3 »

s--- if it aint high end then why are there 1000+hp supras and skylines using them??? i haven't heard a faster bov. it open the instant u let ur foot off the gas...read up and i know hks makes one better but whos gonna pay 400+$??
93 mx-3, hybrid de/ze-turbo P&P'd ZE heads,9.2:1 CR,garrett t3 57trim .60/.63,HKS SSQV bov, turbo xs 38mmW/G,24in downpipe,sts,13lbfw,sleeper FMIC,65mm TB,Walbro 255lph FP,F&R strut bars, ngk plugs/wires
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I think we might be mixing up our BOV's. You can get an hks ssqv for around 2 bills. Normally, a high boosted ride (over 25 psi) you'll find the HKS Racing type II bov. And Tial.. often twin tials. I'm going thru my stack of mags. So far anything over 25 psi has not had an hks ssqv.

I did notice it's in your sig. It's still a sweet bov. One of the best, and sounds great. We're just saying that the synapse is a new beast all together. No rubber, and open faster than anything else on the market. You may not see it out much at the moment. Just wait a few months and they will be taking over.
slinkymx3

Post by slinkymx3 »

well how come this bov has to have a weld on flange like the ssqv? how is it mounted? snap ring? weld, flush mount?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Whoa.. we are off in the wrong direction again. It has it's own flange. But Synapse was thinking ahead and made kits to adapt to the greddy r/rs/s, hks ssqv and many oe's for mitsu and mazda, vw.. and tials... etc.

Return to “Forced Induction”