MX-3 Meet in SW Washington 4/20/08

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.

Which day works best for a SW Washington meet?

Saturday 4/19/08
50%
Sunday 4/20/08
50%
All weekend long 4/18-20/08
No votes

Total votes: 4

OROutdoors
Supporting Member

MX-3 Meet in SW Washington 4/20/08

Post by OROutdoors »

Hi all. I started a new thread because the previous date 4/21 was from last year. This year, 4/21 is a Monday. I'd like to get this meet going, so let's just pick that weekend, decide on Saturday or Sunday, and run with it.

Corksport has allowed the local Miata club to meet in their parking lot before heading off for a drive. I was thinking about doing something like that. I called Corksport and asked them about it. They'll look into if they would like to sponsor a meet, or just let us meet there.

So, Here's what I was thinking: Let's meet somewhere, have a show-n-shine for a couple of hours, or whatever, then head off to drive some curvy road somewhere. We could drive to the coast and back, or up to Mt. St. Helens, or somewhere else.

Now, I'd like to meet up with the Seattle crowd, so if there's a location further north, then please suggest it, but can we keep it south of Olympia? By the way, there are some awesome roads to drive in the Gorge... if we want to make it a camping weekend, we could drive some very twisty roads.
Oregon Outdoors
92 mx-3 GS lowered, CF hood
2013 Mazdaspeed3
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: MX-3 Meet in SW Washington 4/20/08

Post by fowljesse »

I perform on weekends, and don't know what day yet, but I'm down! I know of a fun drive along the gorge near Vancouver. We could start or end @ CorkSport.. It's near the drive. I would like to meet the Seattle-ites.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I found the perfect drive today! The old historic highway... but don't let the word "Old" scare you. It's the BEST kept twisty road I've ever driven (and I've been around!). The pavement is new, and it will challenge the best driver, or... For cruising, it's beautiful! It has many high waterfalls, and goes along the Gorge. There are plenty of places to pull over.
If this doesn't work out for the meet, I want anyone around the PDX area to drive it with me sometime.
I wish everyone with an MX-3, or any performance car could experience this drive. I'll take a video sometime.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Id like to meet some of you guys also. Im in spokane, WA northeastern part of WA
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I can try and show up for this... it would be nice to meet all the mx-3 owners in the area...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That's dedication! That would be really cool! You know we're not talking about D.C.....?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

heheh shhhh....I'm moving out there
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Are you really moving out there, mooneggs? I thought you just moved to a new place just recently?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yes I'm moving... I've accepted a job in Oregon and I will be moving the first week in April.

it doesn't look like I'll be here when fieromx3 comes down to meet the MOCA crew... :cry:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Please for Sunday!! I work Saturdays and would hate to miss the meet! My car is barely street legal so I will prolly meet up with you guys but take a different car thru the old historic hiway. I used to live really close to that road and LOVE it!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Heheh. Just stay in the middle of the pack, we'll protect you! I vote Sunday, too.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I don't work weekends so it's whatever for me :mrgreen:
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Mooneggs wrote:I don't work weekends so it's whatever for me :mrgreen:
So where are you moving to? Beaverton? Is Barry gonna help you move out this way?
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

cjthor wrote: So where are you moving to? Beaverton? Is Barry gonna help you move out this way?
Beaverton is where I'm looking at... I haven't really asked anyone to help me move... I can't really afford a plane ticket back for someone helping me :roll:

so ...AHEM... if any of you locals feel like helping me unload a few large items I would gladly appreciate it :D
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Mooneggs wrote:
cjthor wrote: So where are you moving to? Beaverton? Is Barry gonna help you move out this way?
Beaverton is where I'm looking at... I haven't really asked anyone to help me move... I can't really afford a plane ticket back for someone helping me :roll:

so ...AHEM... if any of you locals feel like helping me unload a few large items I would gladly appreciate it :D
When? Im a small guy but definitely am willing to lend a hand!
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “MX-3 Meets”