changed the gas filter

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
maryus

changed the gas filter

Post by maryus »

I just changed the fuel filter from the engine bay, before i say something else .. dudee its a f... pain in the a--, i got like 5 cuts and almost crying that after 4 hours i just got the fuel filter out from the place , but still with the hoses.

Ok now i just want to share this , cause i did a research before and their strategy didnt work for me.

Guys if you are going to change it for the first time , you need to take out just the hoses that are connected to the gas filter , forget about the rest. ok now i found an easy way , i unmounted the support with all like in one piece, the try to move the gas filter out of its socket! you are going to do that while its still plugged to the hoses.

After a few hard tries you should have now it out of there , and now its easy job , take a curved plyier, and press the clamps strong till you can move them freely along the hose.

Now you have to put force with the hands , turn it there and there till it goes out , the other hose on the straight neck size was very easy to take out , less then one minute.

i hope you got my message , of course i suppose you depressurized the fuel system and you took out the battery.

take care cya , coming with some pics .. REMEMBER when you take out the hoses put a pencil at the end of them.
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
mx3autozam

Re: changed the gas filter

Post by mx3autozam »

I changed the fuel filter in my mx3 when I got it. Took me 10minutes...lol
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I wonder why it took so long? Sorry to hear you had a rough time with it - maybe it was an unusual circumstance?

I normally remove the battery and tray to get it out of the way then just reach down remove the support then pull the filter up, then undo the clamps on the hoses... then it's out :shrug:
davmac

Post by davmac »

In a show of respect for the OP: Congrats on changing your fuel filter.

It sounds like the key to success is removing the battery and removing the filter from the bracket before removing the fuel lines. I'll remember that when I get my chance.
I wish I knew why some simple jobs turn into nightmares, but then I'd be a lot smarter and wealthy.

I can't help but get off topic, but everyone has at least one simple repair that turned ugly. I don't remember the car, but remember an instance when it took me over an hour to change wiper blades. The aftermarket blades attached differently then OEM and I had to modify the wiper arms. I don't know why I didn't just return the blades and buy some OEM blades. One step logically leads to another until you can't figure out why you are stuck in a bad situation.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
maryus

Post by maryus »

hahaha yeah , it took me so long cause was the first time and i tried many combinations and i didnt want to damage anything around there .. but at one point i was pissed off..saying the names of all the gods :D. Now it should take me easy 25 min.
OFF TOPIC:
Well , thats it i have +1 at experience lol , this is my first car , so far i did everything alone, i had help at first changing the oil and fixing my km counter. I cleaned the engine a bit, changed the ECU , adjust the engine, changing the wiper blades, fixing some bulb lights, change of oil, maintain power steering fluid and brake fluid, puting some new tires,

remains the brake pads ( i have new pairs for all the wheels but the calipers and rotor disks are in very bad condition and i cant fit the brake pads in) , the emergy brake is disconnected , broken , then ... not much , i need to change the TB , IM and injectors in the future .. and thats all , very happy with the car so far , shes good with me :) good luck guys
'92 Black Mazda Mx-3 - kl-ze
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

my only advice to you is to research everything you need to do before you tackle a project to save yourself some headaches! There is an online manual that will give you EVERYTHING you need as far as taking things apart and putting them back together, then you've got the rest of us that have had experience and may be able to give you some real world tips!

check the forum and online manual first! we're here to help YOU :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”