wierd new lean problem.... again :)

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
se7en

wierd new lean problem.... again :)

Post by se7en »

okay, this is wierd.

i run perfect A/F ratios when I first start up the car and go boosting, but after about 35-40 seconds, it really runs lean under boost.

what the heck ?? i think the computer when it warms up, it thinks that it should run lean for some reason. I don't know why though... you would think the computer would run richer if there was any problems....

anyone have any ideas?

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
Flinch

Re: wierd new lean problem.... again :)

Post by Flinch »

lol man when i can down there we whould have tried my extra K8 ecu. i though all cars ran richer when you first start them up cold untill they warm up totaly.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I think I'm gonna be bugging you guys for help when I get my KL installed. Know MSnS V3?
Cody
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Are you boosting on the stock ECU???
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
se7en

Post by se7en »

ya lol, I am getting a MSnS soon(week), but for now, I use an FMU(vortech), which some people seem to be having good luck with.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
My Feedback
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Thats why your leaning out. Your stock ECU has no idea your running boost. The FMU is not enough to add the required fuel for 7 psi; not even close. There are some calculations you could do to determine how much fuel you need. You'd probably find that its more than the injectors your running can physically handle.

Dont tell me your running stock fuel injctors as well???

Did you get a copy of Corky Bell book?
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

He's running 220cc DE injectors on his K8 with a AFPR as well FYI
se7en

Post by se7en »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:Thats why your leaning out. Your stock ECU has no idea your running boost. The FMU is not enough to add the required fuel for 7 psi; not even close. There are some calculations you could do to determine how much fuel you need. You'd probably find that its more than the injectors your running can physically handle.

Dont tell me your running stock fuel injctors as well???

Did you get a copy of Corky Bell book?
some people here had plenty of success(andy,antwan, and others) with the fmu setup. and yes. I upgraded my injectors, and I have read corky bell's book :)

5 more days till I get my MSnS.

My Feedback

Return to “Forced Induction”