Gfresh

Another Possible ZE

Post by Gfresh »

From Kijiji.com:

KLZE Complete Low KM and othe MX6 parts
Price: $500.00

Street address: Carling ave. W, Ottawa, ON View map
Date Listed: 08-Feb-08

I have a KLZE With low Km just nees a front cam replaced and its good as new. Zero damage done to rest of engine. Willing to take offers. Delivery possible. Less than 60 000Km on the eninge, fresh timingbelt and water pump kit. Also have other MX6 parts. Distributor, steering wheel/colum. Have KLDE ECU and VAF. Comes with aleternator. Pics on request.

Good deal or no?

How much would it cost me to replace the front cam?

Also I need to get it shipped to Saskatoon.
Green Machine --1994 MX-3 GS 5-spd-- HEI Ignition Modded
TREVO123

Re: Another Possible ZE

Post by TREVO123 »

Well there is a set of KL31 cams that would be awesome for it! and there 170 shipped, from Solo_ryder.
TREVO-Under major construction, Bp coming soon! TO a mx3 near you
1993 MX-3 RS,FULL BLITZ KIT(PROTOTYPE)17"10 SPOKE RIMS,SOHC 1.6L.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2189811
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

He probably did exactly what i did. Dropped a cam and cracked it... haha. Luckily, I've got an entire set of cams on their way to me, and I only need one of the back ones. So I could sell you one of the front ones for $30. It will need to be polished by a machine shop though.

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

How much do you think it'll set me back to get the cam machined?...Roughly speaking.

Also the guy is sending me some pics of the engine that i'll post here for you guys to take a look at. Engine is $500 and I gotta pay for shipping. It is confirmed that it is the curved neck IM too. I'm just curious what else I'm going to need to complete the swap, besides upgrading my clutch and getting that cam machined. Just curious if there's any other major components that I will require, or if this is pretty much all I need to complete the swap.

Thanks.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

YES! Saskatoon KLZE count will = FOUR!!!!!!!!!!! hahaha

this i awesome. Electric Enegery, Smith18, Vanished, and now G-Fresh. Saskatoon is gonna have a rep for fast mx-3's. Rock on.

Anyway, as for mods you have to do talk to me (i have you on msn), david (Electric Enegery) or tyler smith (smith18) and we can give you as much advice as you could need.

JDMsource sells KLZE's for 1300 shipped to saskatoon, so this sounds like a decent deal, if its legit.

Also, as for major component, you'll need

Motor
Clutch
Headers/Exhaust
Chipped ECu

Thats it. You should do some normal maintenance on the motor (timing belt and other belts, fluid, plugs, wires, seals etc etc) while it's still out of the car. You should also get a new pair of tires haha, and maintain your brakes, as well as make sure your suspension components will hold up (fix worn bushings etc. or you'll have mad wheel hop + other problems)
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Yeah, I got my ZE at JDM source for $1200 shipped. It's a legit motor, but they are a little shady to deal with, so just be careful if you decide to buy from them.

The guy i bought the cams from said it would be around $30-$40 per cam to get them polished. So it shouldn't be too much worse than that.

I took my car out for a good hard drive today around the cloverleaf since the roads were a little nicer... I forgot how much fun this thing is. I'm super excited now!
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

no means at all to thread jack!!

but here is a site really close to my house that sells jdm motors and they keep them in stock. now the ze im's are more square shaped right? and the k8 im's are kinda circular?
http://www.japanpowerinc.com/engine_det ... Mazda_KLZE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they show 4 diff pictures of a ze and it looks in good condition, could someone who is excellent in identifying ze's visually let me know why or why not its a ze? id like to learn so when it comes time to get a ze engine i dont get screwed over.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

In no means am i trying to be a jerk, but.

You totally just jacked this thread, and you have over 400 posts. Thats pethetic.

Hahah..Seriousely. Search. The only right way is to actually go down the the buisness and look at the motor yourself. Check the number on the heads, throttlebody, cams, and your set. Jesus, read any stickies lately?

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

i know how to look for a ze. its just that the only thing im unsure about is the intake manifolds and what shape they are. i belive that ze's are squared and i researched and it turns out they are.

And ya i am going there, this saturday in fact to have a look. i called and they said i can remove the valve cover to have a look at the cams.

I was really looking for was that if anyone had dealt with these guys before, and what their rep is like.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

Thanks Ty,

I plan to go with an ACT Stage II clutch, and I have an exhaust that I have not yet welded on, and all the piping from the Cat back is new. Do I really need headers, or can I just use the stock exhaust manifold? Also the engine comes with the ECU and a new timing belt. As for the motor are you referring to the starter motor? Oh and I also plan to do an entire suspension upgrade, replace bushings on the sway bars, front and rear upper strut bars, HKS springs, TOKICO struts, and some new cross-drilled rotors. My tires are new too, less than 500kms on them. Also do I need to do any modifying to the engine mounts, or re-enforce them or anything?

Thanks bro.

Stoon is going to have a crew of hondaspankers!

And 94mx3precidia.... (clever name by the way...) Make your own thread! It takes 30 secs longer, and more people will respond to it!
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

I WILL TAKE YOUR ECU IF YOU STILL HAVE IT!!!!!!!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

Lets see. Did it ever occur to you, that me posting this message, looking for a KLZE for my car might want to keep such items for my own use? Like seriously I don't know what the deal with this thread is, but it seems to get me more stupid replies than helpful ones. Not to mention post jackers.

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.
nsklzemx3

Post by nsklzemx3 »

Gfresh wrote:From Kijiji.com:

KLZE Complete Low KM and othe MX6 parts
Price: $500.00

Street address: Carling ave. W, Ottawa, ON View map
Date Listed: 08-Feb-08

I have a KLZE With low Km just nees a front cam replaced and its good as new. Zero damage done to rest of engine. Willing to take offers. Delivery possible. Less than 60 000Km on the eninge, fresh timingbelt and water pump kit. Also have other MX6 parts. Distributor, steering wheel/colum. Have KLDE ECU and VAF. Comes with aleternator. Pics on request.

Good deal or no?

How much would it cost me to replace the front cam?

Also I need to get it shipped to Saskatoon.
Does this look to anyone else like he's selling? I thought he was and sent him a PM basically telling him to name his price fro the ECU. Unfortunately I misunderstood his post and he was kind enough to explain it like this:
How about f--- off, because it was hard enough for me to track one down for myself. Why the f--- would I sell you the ECU iIwent to a lot of trouble to find to put into my car for my ZE swap? Does that make any sense to you? Look around, find your own, and don't post dumb s--- on my threads. I'm usually not an angry person, but demanding that I give you something kinda pisses me off.

Thanks for the kind reply dude!!
'93 MX3
A work in Progress
CURENT UPGRADES: Curved Neck KLZE/Option Import Headers/2.5" Exhaust/Valeo OEM Clutch/Yonaka Motorsports Gaskets & Silicone Tubing/Option Racing CAI/MBX Probe Addiction Wires/Fidanza Flywheel

My Aloha 8.2: http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t258/1981aloha27/Aloha 8.2
Matilta 20
Cygnus 20
Code 40
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Come on guys, cut the s---...

If he was selling he would post in the For Sale Forum
The KLZE is from OTTAWA
Gfresh is from SASKATOON

Read the thread before you have a fit man.

ANYWAY

Travis, good plan you got commin along here. Yes, you really do need headers. Using the stock manifold will only steal power, and you can get a decent S.S. pair of ebay for less than 200 dollars. Also, how big is the catback system you have right now? Because if its the stock size it will also rob you power, and the headers won't do much. I have 2.5" tubing, no cat, resonator, on mine right now, so does Smith. No I was not refering to the starter motor, you will use the one thats already on your tranny. Also, i forgot to mention, fill your motor mounts with liquid polyeurathane (i did mine..very very good choice...Smith didn't do his. Poor choice ahah..)

Also replace your axles, you'll fry them fast.

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

Yea i was planning on either hollowing out my cat, or junking it and replacing it with a resonator. So far Cat back piping is stock size, but that will change with my exhaust. Also what do you think axles are worth? I gotta get a parts list together here haha. Frick I just need money. :P

And sorry nsklzemx3 for the flaming, it was late, I was frustrated, enough said. It was an honest mistake on your part, and I appologize for being a d---.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”