Dash Painting

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
92StockMx3

Dash Painting

Post by 92StockMx3 »

I guess i would say my dash is tan or some what close and i want to paint the interior black and red. i am going to paint the dash black but dont know what to use. i dont want to try and spray paint it because the taping everything off and maybe over spraying on everything else. i thought or maybe paint markers but dont thing the paint would stick. IS there a way to remove the dash and get a good angle at painting that?
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
1993 Brilliant Black Mazada MX-3 GS. KLZE, Short Shifter,
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Dash Painting

Post by 2fazed »

I painted my RS back in the day. I taped off the windows and everything. What I used was black vinyl paint. Just spray even lights coats, and you won't have to worry about over dripping. The vinyl paint I used was great. Till this day, it never cracked off, and just faded a little bit from the sun. You really wouldn't know that it was painted.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i painted my +94 dash in a dark purple.
I still like it, but since i am going to put some gauges on my "bubble" air vents and a CF gauge bezel ... i will be making a new interior idea.
I plan on getting this done:
A/F gauge
Oil pressure gauge
CF gauge bezel
Gunmetal grey dash
Gunmetal grey door panels
Gunmetal grey upholstery
Recaro racing seat

With the engine bay, again the gunmetal grey idea, but with some blue,black and chrome
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
IrishNinja

Post by IrishNinja »

I plan on putting in a 95 dash and painting it black but I want a hard smooth finish. Does anyone know the best way to go about this?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

whatever you do make sure its flat/semi gloss paint. You dont want glare from the dash to blind you when youre driving into sunset = big crash
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
IrishNinja

Post by IrishNinja »

How would I cover the texture in the dash? Just multiple coats?
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

uh oh...sounds like you totally want to screw up your dash. I say leave it alone or paint it right color
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Use Paint Dye ... I Dont know where you from, But here at CarQuest, They have a spray paint dye... Get black and you will love it. It looks exactly like a stock black.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.

Return to “Appearance”