Calgary area shops

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
gloriousinsanity

Calgary area shops

Post by gloriousinsanity »

Does ayone know of any decent Calgary shops to get work done. My timing belt is due for replacement, and I am not comfortable trying it myself. Talking with dealerships, It\s gonna cost, and am leery to tke my care anywhere else because ever since I had some work done last summer, it took me two months b----ing and jumping up and down to get it running properly after they screwed it up. (the transmission got cooked when someone forgot to replace the check plug and ALL my fluid pissed out. By the time I caught the problem they had metal shaving sbeing spit out) So needless to say....tha said if I can avoid paying the huge dealer prices (approx $1700 for timing belt/tensioners/water pump/etc.) I'd like to.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Calgary area shops

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

The parts are actally quite cheap. There are several kits on ebay (not too sure if some are better than others). There are many of us in Calgary and area... Maybe someone would be willing to lend a hand. No harm in asking.
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I did that work at the dealer for only a few hundred. If you really dislike the dealerships, you could try the Petro Canada Certigard locations. I have had quality work done there quite inexpensively in the past. They're could be close in price to a dealer though.
Flinch

Post by Flinch »

Auto Dream may help you out just tell them your a friend of Matt with the Turbo ZE
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”