Problem starting...?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JNeil

Problem starting...?

Post by JNeil »

Hey guys,

Here's my story, I live in Alberta, the last 2 weeks have been extremely cold (-35 degree celcius). I just bought the car so I didn't know how it would take the cold.... Not well to say the least, I tried starting it and it was turning over but would not get going. I tried boosting it and heating the oil pan with a high wattage light (had to improvise as i dont have a block heater). It kept turning over and kept turning over and wouldnt start, then it just stopped turning over, it wouldn't even click when I turned the key.

I bought a new battery and it still wouldn't click or anything when I turned the key. So I gave up and let it sit for the 2 weeks of cold and now it's a little warmer (around -5 degrees). Now when I turn the key to start it I can hear the starter going but it still will not start up.

Any suggestions of what to do? I don't know if I should try to jump start it because I am pretty sure I've flooded the cylinders with gas by now and I do not want to keep turning it over and draining my new battery.

Thanks in advance for any help,
-Jamie

P.S. The car worked and started perfectly before it got really cold if it makes a difference. I'm am very new to this car and I don't know much about vehicle starting systems :(
mazdamx

Re: Problem starting...?

Post by mazdamx »

Maybe ignition module failure, our cars are prone to this. Check this link out http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am Dan Myers, I owe people $$. Dont buy anything from me. Dont sell me anything.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”