[WTB] Mazda Mx-3

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
WantingMazdaMx-3

[WTB] Mazda Mx-3

Post by WantingMazdaMx-3 »

I want to buy a Mazda Mx-3 ASAP
Around $4000
Good condition, Low kms
In Calgary
Pocrobs

Re: [WTB] Mazda Mx-3

Post by Pocrobs »

Want to come to southern MN?
Tried NOS, Tried turbo, tried 1.8 w/ NOS, NOW V6
cheartburg

Post by cheartburg »

I have a 1992 MX~3/GS, 5~speed manual "Blaze Red" that is missing the rear hatchback window, due to a tree dropping a branch on it. It is Bare~Bones, bought at a Repo auction, originally, and since owning it, I have done tune~up (Plugs, wires, cap, rotor) replaced the Battery, the radiator and brackets (previous owner must have hit a "dip" too hard...???) It also has a new distributor, and fuel pump & fuel filter. It does not have door locks on the outside, (Drilled~out at impound lot) and has no radio. (It was previously owned by Mexicans, who had one of thise "Boom~Box" stereos, still has some wiring.) Runs good, body is in good shape, would need to be painted, as paint is "faded" due to the sun here in the desert... mileage is at about 156,000 (miles, not kms) and it has a good looking timing belt. Also replaced the pulleys, belts & bracket/adjustor for belts. (does not have A/C belt installed...) I live near Palm Springs, Ca. I currently have the rear window covered well, with "stretch~wrap" as I am trying to get enough $$ to buy the window, but may consider selling the entire car, as~is with all the improvements, for around $3,000... It would be a good "Starter~car", for someone wanting to build. I bought it with 140,000 miles on it.
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

You might want to research how much your Mx is worth in California. I've got a 2.5 swap, and is probably in better shape than yours, and would only get $2K for it. A former Mxer I knew in San Leandro had a mint Mx, and he only got $2.5k. Your car is probably worth at the moment $1.5k until you fix the hatch, and with smog.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
cheartburg

Post by cheartburg »

I forgot to mention that it also has new brakes, all the way around. I know I have more invested in it, than I originally paid for it. I also know how the blue book operates... I would probably just keep it anyway, since I have so much "into" it. But it was worth mentioning, anyway...The window incident was really depressing, as it happened on one of those "rare" extremely high~wind days, and the 80' Eucalyptus tree on the corner of my lot, "flung" a fairly "small" branch, at such a high speed, that it just literally "exploded" the window. The $#@% Landlord refuses to pay for the damages that "HIS" tree did to my car. And because of the age of the car, I did not think to have "comprehensive" insurance on it... :( And of course, the way the law works, if I did not have a prior "written complaint" about the tree, on file with the Housing Safety Board (No need to "complain" until "Now"???) Well, I sorta got "Screwed" and didn't even get a "Kiss"!!
cheartburg

Post by cheartburg »

It is also the K~8/V~6 engine
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

PM'd you.
Cody

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”