My new mx-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Stablo87

My new mx-3

Post by Stablo87 »

I have a couple of questions, i just purchased a 1993 Mx-3 gs about a week ago and i love it. My concern is that there are a lot of misplaced parts on the car, for example the owner before me put on a ghetto intake on andthere are some vacumm lines that are just hanging arround. I also am not able to tell weather the car is lowered or not, i took a look at the springs and struts but i cant get a good read on them, what is the normal height for an mx-3? lastly my reverse and dash lights dont work, are they wired together or separate? if anyone could help that would be awesome.
Mx3Baker

Re: My new mx-3

Post by Mx3Baker »

Well first of all Congrats on the Mx3 purchase!! Welcome!! Now about then intake, its prolly just a cone filter put on where the old air filter box was, Thats pretty much what i had for a while but there is a was to custom make a nicer one check out the how to fourm or look at my worklog. Now about the ride height im not sure what it is but if you can fit all your fingeres in between the tire and wheel well im sure it isnt lowered. Hope this helps a little.
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Stock ride
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 020076.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lowered
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s204 ... 070007.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check all your fuses first.. and check you light bulbs...the dash make shure you dimer switch is turned on, if so check and make shure it is hooked up... as far as the vac lines go, does the car idle right? run smooth?? if it does chances are the lines are not vac lines.. Did the car come with a deck?? if so he might have wired it himself which could have done wrong or poped a couple fuses... which would cause the dash lights to not work..
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

K i checked it out and i think it may be lowered, but just not the right way. I can fit one finger and the driver side and three on the passenger? would it be possible that some one cut the springs? if so how can i tell?
Mx3Baker

Post by Mx3Baker »

well if you have it sitting level it should be the same for both sides, that doesnt sound very good... maybe someone did cut the spring for a cheap lower job but they did a very bad job... you should look into redoing it prolly so you know exactly whats in it...
93 Mx-3 GS
5 SPD Conversion

Worklog at
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=54796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

check and see if the spring is broke.. you would hear a clunking noise when you drive if so... Mazda has a recall on the springs so if that is the issue then you can get a new set from mazda for 0$... but If the springs have just been cut down then take them off... that is not safe at all, the springs will not take much stress... the car should sit level... the front might be a little diffrent from the back but not by much..
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

I was going to take it to the dealer anyway, i was going to see if they would fix the recall on the seatbelt. As far as the struts im just going to buy some performance ones, i payed $750 for the car so i dont mind spending too much money on it. Ill post pictures later, maybe you guys can have a laugh.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”