01 civic headlight conversion

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
competitiveaudioman

01 civic headlight conversion

Post by competitiveaudioman »

I'm sure this has already been posted somewhere on here but after the first 5 pages of looking i haven't found my answer. what i want to know is what all is involved with this? i have a 92 and wanting the projector headlights and Ive heard that you can make your stocks and the civics work by cutting. how is this done? thanx in advance
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: 01 civic headlight conversion

Post by fowljesse »

People will say "I can't explain, just do it."
I think it would be really cool if someone would do a "How to" with pics.
I'm with you. I wonder how it bolts up, and wires in.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
competitiveaudioman

well after searching some more i found a "faq" about it but dang is it confusing. i hate the stock headlights on the mx-3 (imo) so something different would be nice.
guido101

Post by guido101 »

im workin on projectors for the mx3 from a manufacturer in china, im waiting to hear back from them some time this week on a reply if they want to follow through with the project! i will keep u posted!
Image Image Image
G-Spot Autosport --93 MX3 --
competitiveaudioman

guido101 wrote:im workin on projectors for the mx3 from a manufacturer in china, im waiting to hear back from them some time this week on a reply if they want to follow through with the project! i will keep u posted!
that would be amazing. yeah keep us all posted. has anyone done any "easy" front end conversions with these cars? i searched a bit and found someone did a cavalier conversion but i cant see that being easy
guido101

Post by guido101 »

i totally will keep ev1 posted, i put over 5g's into my mx 3 and only to have some ugly head lights? dont think so! i made my own head lights but i want something more better and dot approved so i get no hassles from cops lol
Image Image Image
guido101

Post by guido101 »

i tried a civic conversion and man, hats off to ev1 that made it work! cause thats a lotta bs to go through to make them fit!
Image Image Image
NorCalMX3

Post by NorCalMX3 »

yea i wanna do the civic projector conversion myself. however it's pretty bleak looking at some of the guides, you'll just have to blaze your own trail for this one...

I'm sure once you get started it'll slowly unfold.
1992 MX-3 GS:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2607936
1995 Honda Del Sol (Current Main until KL-ZE Swap):
http://teamsolcal.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=20662
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I had no skill with a dremel or bodywork, custom stuff... I just went out bought a dremel, bout a 2 x 2 ft sheet of lexan, tube of silicone and the tube squirter thing and got started.

for my fitment I did not take off the front bumper completely. I would estimate and cut on the light, then fit it and repeat those steps until I had it how I wanted it... I fitted the passenger side and it took about 10 hours. once I had made all the cuts on the light and car I then did the other side and it only took about 2 hours since I had a pattern from the pass. side...

my best advice would be take your time and don't cut too much... you can always cut a little more, but it's harder to add what you have cut off lol...

for those interested I will be taking off my civic projectors in the next few weeks (if you can be patient and wait) since I am tired of them so I will take pics of where I cut on the mx-3 frame and where I cut the lights. and NO these lights will not be for sale sorry I want to keep my pattern lol
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

i already have civic projectors siting in my room..i look at them everyday...theyre the ones with duel halo rings..im putting them in when i get 2 nice days ..my dad did body work for 20 years...enough said...i will post pictures on everything i do when they get done.
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

I always had this nagging noob question - what bulbs do the civic projectors take - 9004/5/6/7, H1/3/4/7/9/11?

If its not 9004 - obviously - dont you need an adapter and/or hack into the harness?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

there are 2 separate H1 bulbs for Hi/Low on each side. I just hacked into the wiring harness cutting the old 9004 connecter then plugging up the hi wire to the hi beam, low to the low and splicing the ground between the 2... has worked fine for me for years... lol but I'm sure there is a better way of doing it :freak: :welder:

I'm about to take those same wires and hook up an H4 connector so I can install my euro glass headlights... I'm thinking it will work fine.
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

hey mooneggs...think you would be able to send me some pictures of your cut projectors...backside so i can get an idea of how to cut them and go from there...i have them sitting in my room just begging to go in :(
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah I'll post a bunch of pics once I take them out...
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

awsome..thank you..greatly appreciated.

Return to “Appearance”